Where is the line?

between Non-Christian and Anti-Christian. I've seen some things from some that are clearly from a Non-Christian perspective. I've also seen things that come across as Anti-Christian. In your view, where is that line?

sopranomommy

Asked by sopranomommy at 9:49 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Religious Debate

• The line is blurred. Either that or it is so fine it can't be seen. But it is all in your perception when it comes to posts on the internet. You don't really know the tone of anyone when they type words on a computer. As you said yourself it "comes across as anti-christian." But unless you know the person well, you really have no idea of the tone they intended or their "line" of thinking.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• The line is the difference between respect and disrespect. I'm a non-Christian, but I would never bash someone's Christian views, I respect their opinion.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:04 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I don't think there is a line, because i think they are completely different things.
    Non-christian is someone who isn't a christian... Anti-christian is somone who is against parts of / all of christianity. I know christians who are anti-some christians, and none christians who are pro christianity.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 9:54 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I don't really see a line either. The two are different perspectives. Billions of people in the world are not Christian. They may be Muslim, Hindu, atheist, Jewish, or any number of the countless other religions in the world. I'm sure the majority of them don't give much thought to Christians in general on a day to day basis.

Anti-Christian are those that argue or act against Christian believers or their beliefs.

There's a big difference between saying, I don't believe in Jesus and I think you're an idiot for believing in him.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:04 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Non-Christian is someone who simply doesn't believe in Christ as Christians do, they might disagree with someone's interpretation etc but generally do not try to restrict anyone from believing as they do. An Anti-Christian is one who goes out of their way to list everything that is wrong with the Christian belief and attacks those who believe it. They are the extremists.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i agree w/ the other posters. non-Christians just arent Christian, they are something else or Atheist/Agnostic. anti-Christian is someone who feels it's their job to correct/inform Christians about how wrong or mentally ill they are by choosing to said religion.

i think the line is only in how one speaks. saying "i dont/cant believe that" is non and saying "you're stupid for believing that" is anti.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

------

I agree with this ^^^.

I am a non-Christian, because I no longer practice Chrisitanity (believe in a creator God or that Jesus is divine). I do, however, think many of Jesus' teachings are worth following and respect and love many Christians as friends and family. I definitely think they should be able to practice and believe what they choose in general. To me, anti-Christian is usually about confrontation and anger rather than a simple friendly debate of ideas or values within different groups of people.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I think there tends to be a clear line between Non- and Anti- ANYTHING. One simply categorizes those people who hold a different belief or feeling and the other categorizes those who have a clear hatred toward a certain group or system.

I for one, am a very clear and firm Non-Christian! However, I've always been fascinated by Christianity & Judaism and do actually share some basic beliefs with them both. Because my beliefs are rather all inclusive it would be hard for me to be Anti- any religion. It's like the idea that you can disagree with a belief, but that doesn't mean you have to hate it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:15 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• A non-christian would be someone who does not believe in "christian" ways whereas anti-christian is someone against it; there is not a line to be drawn IMO as the non-christian may be a believer of Buddah - Hinduism, etc.

gambilldl

Answer by gambilldl at 9:57 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I think it is individual. Some like me, are non-Christian, but are pretty much live and let live. There are parts of the religion that I do not like and feel that are fairly wrong. If I express those views, especially in an angry, accusatory way, then that is anti-Christian.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:59 AM on Dec. 15, 2010