Breaking the news

I am 9 weeks 2 days pregnant and I still havent broken the news to my mother. I am not married, I am 20 years old and I'm half Korean half white. I am with the father of the baby, like living with him and we are overjoyed at the pregnancy. I have to my father and he is happy but we dont know how to handle my mother. She hasnt met the boyfriend yet and when i try to make arrangements she says it is too soon. She is old fashioned and i know she will be incredibly upset with me. So i guess my question is how should i tell her? should i bring my boyfriend along? tell her to her face or over the phone?? i really dont know what to do

newmom07142011

Asked by newmom07142011 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would have her meet him first. Just ask her to lunch, don't say you're bringing him. Tell her the two of you are servious and when you plan on getting married. Then a week later, my yourself, in person, tell her that you are pregnant. She will most likely want to know if you are getting married right away, and how you are going to support the child. I assume you are both working and are able to put aside money you will need during your late pregnancy if you can't work then, and for all the things you will need for the new baby.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:03 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i would just be honest with your mother, you would want your daughter to be honest with you when she got older of cource, on the other hand i didnt tell my mom till i was 3 months!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 10:18 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

courtneycra

• Bring your boyfriend, he helped put it there :)
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:26 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I'm not being mean but you know her better than we do. Do whatever you think will show her the most respect

Answer by admckenzie at 10:27 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I'ld say face to face with boyfriend. No matter what she's probably going to be upset. I'm not sure how or what would keep her from getting upset though but I think it would just be more respectful to be in person.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:40 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I'm 40,and I'm not telling my mother for a long time. I'll probably be showing before I do. I just don't need the negativity right now. I feel like I have the world on my shoulders, and I can't deal with all her BS right now. I have to be happy for myself. At least your SO wants to go through this with you.
    san126

Answer by san126 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2010