Was this wrong of me?

There's this little girl whose parents don't watch her at my sons bus stop. Well everyday she tries beating them up. My sons dont hit her they just stand there while she picks on them. Well today she tried throwing one of them in the street so i yelled across the street to leave my son alone. I stand on my porch with my 2 little ones and watch them at the bus stop. Was that wrong of me.. I heard one of the older kids calling me a b####. I seem to be the only parent who stands out there.

karamomof5

Asked by karamomof5 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i probably wouldve done more
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• You weren't wrong, there was a potentially dangerous situation that needed to be stopped. You did what you needed to do.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:12 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I don't think it was wrong of you. You're just looking out for them and their safety.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:12 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No you are protecting your child.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:12 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No I would have done the same thing. I do not like kids acting that way and if they around my child, I speak up!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:13 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No, it was not wrong of you. And bless you for being willing to watch your children. I guess people do not realize just how quickly a child can be snatched and how many snatchers there are on the loose!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:13 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Oh that is great. I would be giving the school a phone call about any child I saw who was pushing children into a street. I would be standing right there with my child after that each and every day. I might also give that potty mouth older child's mother a phone call too. That is what we call neglectful parenting, asleep at the wheel.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:13 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No, you weren't wrong at all, it's your responsibility to watch out for your kids. If it happens again, I'd find out where the little girl lives and then go talk to her parents.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:14 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• you did the right thing. i would've probably flipped the lid if i saw that. good for you for keeping your temper in check. but i would stand there everyday now and i would call the parents of those nasty children.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 15, 2010