Do you and your SO put a spending limit on gifts for each other?

My husband and I set limits on what we can spend on Christmas gifts for each other. Last year it was $25. This year it is $50. I feel my husbands actions, rather than gifts, show me how much he loves me. One Valentine's Day I got a Love Letter. It was the BEST!!....... So, do you all set a limit? Or are you a the-more-he-spends-the better-it-will-be type of girl?

eluc

Asked by eluc at 10:41 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I say price doesn't matter!!! I think it is the thought that counts!! I think gifts from the heart are the best!!! Like your love letter!!! that is super sweet!!!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 10:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No, we just shop for whatever we know the other wants and needs. We don't go nuts but we both enjoy gift giving.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We set limits. This year we put 50 for each of us as well. It's just the two of us we both have everything we need and don't see the point in spending a ton of money for one day. We're thankful to have each other.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 10:44 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Since when been married we haven't brought each other gifts for Christmas. It dosen't bother me I rather give then recieve. We always spend our money on family.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 10:44 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Sort of, we don't buy gifts for each other, so I guess you could say our spending limit is $0.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:49 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We set limits of zero :) Every year, every holiday, every birthday. We only buy for the kids and we periodically surprise each other throughout the year with stuff for us.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:55 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We don't exchange gifts. He knows if he buys me something it better be what I want, like or need.. or it will go back orbe wasted. And the same goes for him
    Karkie22

Answer by Karkie22 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We just buy for the kids.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:42 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I can't drive so I will get him the gift that keeps on giving. Me. LOL I would like to get him a few items, but that is alright, our money is in the same bank account anyways. LOL
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 12:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We exchange gifts but don't worry about the price limit. I can't imagine not getting him something for Christmas!
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 1:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2010