Do you think it is weird that I married my teacher ?

In high school I had a big crush on my history teacher, he was young and good looking and alot of girls did talk about how cute he was.. of course he acted like a jerk to some kids and was very strict in his class ... I still loved being in his class though ( and history always was my fav. subject) ... sometimes i would catch him looking at me and we would smile at each other if we passed one another in the hallway or something.... but other than that nothing ever happened...

UNTIL 2 years after I graduated, he added me on Facebook, we talked online for about a week, went on a date, started dating... got married and we just had our first baby ( and in the process of buying our first house) ....

I mean I think it is an odd but cute story of how we met... but I actually had someone tell me that he must of been " one of those pervert teachers" ... which isnt true at all.......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I do.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:44 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• If he had asked you out while you were still in high school, he'd have been "one of those pervert teachers".
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:44 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I guess it ok. If he was like 23,24 or so when you were 18,then its not so bad.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No, not cute. Weird. I would be really concerned if my children ended up marrying a teacher they had. But I am glad you are happy and it is working out.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I dont see the big deal, I mean its not like you guys talked while you were still in school. I have a friend (guy) who is now with his old chorus teacher.. Shes like 6 years older than him but he is happier than I have ever seen him and they now have a wonderful life together. Some people may look down upon the situation, but as long as you are both happy then who cares!? :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 10:49 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I had him for my senior year and the only thing that ever happened was a smile here and there ... I was 18, he was 24 .... he has never been with anyone else that he had as a student and never had any problems like that at school ... before me he actually only dated older women lol...

I guess I just dont see why it is so awful since I am on the inside ( not on the outside looking in )
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Teacher/Student dating in HS is more common than people think....
    I say he is not a perv. if he was attracted to you then atleast he waited until you where out of highschool. that shows something! I see nothing wrong with it...
    Now if you were 14yo started dating then & got married on ur 18th bday. I may feel different!

As long as he doesnt have a "history" with having crushes on his students & you can trust him in his classroom.. I say congrats & wish you all the best!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I find nothing wrong with it. You were actually a grown woman of 18 then and he was gentleman enough to wait for the right time to ask you out. I'm not finding this perverted or anything but nice and happy for you.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 10:59 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• yes, I was a month shy of 22 before he even talked to me again...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• no.i don;t see anything wrong with it. if it happened while you were still in school yes i would but you were both consenting adults. people meet in all different circumstances. good luck to you and i hope you all the best.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:13 AM on Dec. 15, 2010