im feeling nostalgic today.. how did your hubby/fiance propose to you?

for us, we went to Savannah, GA for Valentine's day with our 2 kids and with another couple and their kid. we lived about an hour from there at the time in a military town (hubby was in the army then) and anyway, we were walking down the historic streets and stopped at a fountain (i still remember which intersection this particular fountain was at) and the couple we were with kind of occupied our children for a moment while we sat on the fountain and talked. i had that intuiton that it would happen that day, and felt it coming by the things he was saying. he then pulled out a ring and popped the question :) it was so sweet! i know, how cliche' to propose on V-Day LOL.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• The first time my husband saw me, I worked at Taco Bell. On the anniversary of the day we met, we picked up Taco Bell for dinner. He handed me the stupid fire sauce packet that says "Will you marry me?" I knew he wasn't serious so I just said, "You're such a dork." Then he pulled out the ring and dropped to one knee. We've always joked that we should market our story to Taco Bell. :)
    Gemska

Answer by Gemska at 11:03 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• LOL, my husband wanted to do something very romantic, although he knows I hate being the center of attention. We had spent the day at Yankee Candle and had stopped to eat lunch at a little Mom and Pop place. There were so many people eating outside because of the nice day he decided not to do it then. We were driving home with our son a sleep in the back of the car and he said "So, we have been talking about getting married, let's do it." I was like when you are serious let me know. He said "Reach under youseat" When I reached under the seat there was a box and he said "I'm serious"

It was perfect.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• He called me from basic training and said that he didn't want to spend another day without me as his wife. He then told me to start making wedding plans for the day after he graduated basic training. That was nearly 9 years ago.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We sat down and discussed the option of marriage. We talked for hours about what would be expected of each of us,political views,morals,religion. In the end we decided that marriage was a good idea.
    You see,we met in March of '99. I got pregnant in June. We married in December.
    We did love each other,but didn't want to marry just because I was pregnant. We were meant for each other. Its been 11 wonderful years. We've weathered the death of a child and the autism diagnosis of our son. I couldn't ask for a better partner and friend. I'm still in love with him 11 years later.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We are older, kids grown. I-widowed, him divorced. We met , fell in love, neither wanted marriage. Then I started re-thinking it & told him I wanted marriiage, but if he didn't, I needed to leave. He took me out on the dock over the river in back of his home, and said "I want you in my life for the rest of my life" I said, "yeah, so tell me something I don't already know". He said "I want you to be my wife." I was shocked and couldn't speak. It was not what I expected him to say, just couldn't get my mind around it. Then he said, "You're not speaking. Oh yeah, I forgot. I love you" First time he had said that to me. I still couldn't speak. He said,"You're trying to figure out how you can cater the wedding aren't you?" (I'm a chef) He was right, I was. I said "yes" Then he said, "You can't, you're going to be the bride" I broke out in tears. We were married 6 months later on the dock, with our kids as our attendants.

SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:02 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My DF & I were watching a movie, & he popped us a bowl of popcorn. As we got down to the bottom of the bowl, I felt something hard in my handful of popcorn. I looked, & there was the diamond ring I'd been admiring! I get stupid when I'm shocked, so I said, "What is this & why did I almost break my teeth on it?" DF said "What do you think it is, love?" I said "Are you asking what I think you're asking?" DF said "Are you saying yes?" Then he slipped the ring on my finger & kissed me. It was so silly, & so wonderful, & so very us.

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• he took me to Olive Garden ( which around here is considered a fancy restraunt lol ) ..... told me to look under the table ( he was holding the ring) and then asked me if i wanted to get married ...
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:49 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• OMG! Now I want to know which fountain. LOL. Was it Forsyth Park? For us: We'd come to Savannah, GA (at the time we lived near Macon) and had dinner on River Street, then walked along browsing the little shops. Then he said he wanted to go out to Tybee Beach. It was really late like around midnight when we were walking on the beach (It was early October). He started talking about what he wanted in life and he was saying that he couldn't imagine living the rest of his life without me in it. That's when he asked me to marry him. On October 29th, that same month, we came back to Savannah and were married by the JOP. That was 6 years ago.

Now, my DH is in the Army as well and we are living in that same military town as you, OP.
    AlliPerry

Answer by AlliPerry at 10:54 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We were driving around one day and stopped at Wendy's. He asked me what I wanted to do and I responded "if you don't want to marry me, lets go get the kids (from daycare)". He said ok I'll marry you. lol I guess he didn't want to get the kids. We were married 3 hours later.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• He proposed to me on a roller coaster!! The Hurler, at Carowinds to be exact. He wanted to be different!! As soon as the ride started, he pulled the ring out of his pocket, it was wrapped in a piece of paper, and put it on my finger. He said, "I thought this might be an appropriate time. Will you marry me?" I was so shocked I couldn't answer him and sat there with my mouth hanging open like an idiot. I don't remember what the ride was like after that. I never did answer him but we've been married for 15 years so I guess it all worked out, LOL!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:21 AM on Dec. 15, 2010