"How cute..." LOL

So this friend of a friend was hanging out with us the other day for one of our coffee dates. My son had a dirty diaper so I changed him and the girl says "How cute, you have a little boy now and you STILL wipe him from front to back just like your little girl." I was like "Um, well you should still wipe them front to back regardless." Her response.. "It really doesn't matter, you know that right?" LOL I just wanted to bust out laughing. I mean why wouldn't it matter?? Boys still have a HOLE and skin that can get infections just like little girls do. I hardly know this girl and wasn't about to get into a big debate over it. She can wipe her kid however she wants. Anyone else here also think that it doesn't matter which was you wipe your son?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• I used to wipe every which way with him. He would always get it everywhere. My daughter I always make sure to go front to back. Yes they can both get infections but for girls its a whole lot easier. :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I always wiped everywhere too. I wiped downward motions, but I still cleaned the whole area. I agree, why drag yuck up towards the penis...asking for trouble.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I always wiped the bum with one wipe and then got another wipe to get the front and clean up any "stragglers" in the back.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 11:31 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i would just always clean front to back - i worked daycare before i had kids of my own so i just do it the right way for all of them. also isnt the goal to get the poop off and not smear anyways.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2010