Has your ultrasound ever been wrong at telling the sex?

Ours said GIRL today! We didn't see anything "extra", so just wondering what your experiences are.

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• when my aunt was pregnant she was having a girl.....that was until my cousin bryan popped out!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 7:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Not for me...but when my sister was pregnant with her 3rd they said she was having a girl...went for another u/s and come to find out it was really a boy!!
    hailee2006

Answer by hailee2006 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• We chose not to find out because we know so many people that were told the wrong thing...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 7:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Mine have all been right. But one of my friends had three ultrasounds that all said she was having a boy. Baby came out a girl.
    southenrmunchkn

Answer by southenrmunchkn at 8:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• well out of 9 children one still on the way I would have to admitt to one mistake...Not only one ultrasound but 3 ultrasounds and the doctor guaranteed me it was a girl...I bought pink everything I was so excited to have another girl after 3 boys and 1 girl that was up until the delivery when a little he popped out and not a she....poor thing I had brought everything to the hospital for a little girl..my neighbor was kind enough to go and buy him a green little pajama and a blue blanket so I could bring him home....LOL....I'm just so glad that they now have the 3D and 4D ultrasounds that way I get a better look for myself....LOL...Congrats on the girl I'm truly happy for you and your family
    a_ramli05

Answer by a_ramli05 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Both times I was pregnant my u/s was right- it was a girl! :) so 2 girls later I'm hoping the next time around they see a 'little something' . ;P Congrats on your new baby girl- they really are so much fun!
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 9:08 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• my brother was told his was a boy, and out came a girl
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• With my first son we were told he was probably a girl, then probably a boy, then officially a boy. So I guess not wrong because they never said for sure until the last one and that one was right.
    fentrio

Answer by fentrio at 9:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I thought the same thing... it seems like they can be wrong sometimes... but unless you have another that says otherwise you shouldn't worry unless you get handed a boy instead of a girl after you give birth... that doesn't help much but those other girls kinda covered it..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 9:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Not in my case, I was told all along it was a boy and he was. But my sister-in-law was told at every ultrasound that she was having another boy, and she had a girl. Everyone was shocked and my poor little neice didn't have a name or any girl clothes for a few days!
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2008