Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I don't want people to know who I am because ladies get crazy around here but yesterday DH & I got in a fight and he pushed me twice hard enough to knock me down and my back popped when he pushed my I guess from the force? but I could barely move and when I did it was painful a few hours later I moved & my back popped and now the pain is ignorable it only gets me every once in a while and my vision was very blurry too but what hurt more than that is he kept calling me a dumb bitch I am very embarrassed about how "dumb" I am not due to lack of education but I have issues remembering things I'm not sure if he really thinks I am that or if he was just mad? BTW it's very unlike him to put his hands on my & I will leave if he ever does it again but plz don't tell me to leave I just want to anonumously talk to someone since I am too embarrassed to tell my friend or family..

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • He probably did not really mean that you are not smart, he was mad and said things in anger. Putting his hands on you like that is really crossing a big line and unfortunately it could get worse next time. You need to have a sit down talk with him and make sure that it won't happen again.

    Answer by spottedpony at 10:59 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • I'd go to a massage therapist and have them straighten out what he screwed up from the fall.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:00 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • oh he knows better than to allow a next time...afterwards he was like ...what the fuck do I think I am a playground bully I can't believe I pushed I threatend to tell my dad

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • I am so sorry honey...that is never a good situation and normaly I would say leave, just because behaviors like that tend to be repeated but you have asked us not to and I will respect that...just be super careful sweety it is really easy to fall into an abusive relationship so if it happens again I hope you will be strong enough to isn't ever ok for a man to lay his hands on a woman regaurdless of how angry and upset he for the dumb bitch comment, if his physical action was out of charecter it is likely that his words were also try not to take it to he under a significant amount of stress right now? how long have you been together? you really need to try and figure out if this is ligitamently a once in a lifetime event or if he just has tendancies that are coming to the surface as your relationship ages...please dont be afraid to seek local help, especially if the situation worsens...*hugs*

    Answer by pregoagain2010 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • You may have a pinched nerve, sounds like you need to see a doctor.

    Answer by BobbieJo286 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • I'd definitely try to get to a chiropractor or a massage therapist to make sure nothing is seriously hurt in your back. I would say that those remarks were made in anger, if it's unusual for him. Try to talk to him & let him know that it embarrassed you when he called you that.... who knows, you may even get an apology! Hugs, doll, I hope things work out for you!


    Answer by KA91 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • Well at leat it sounds like he really regrets it. I have pushed my husband that far before myself. But I know that I was partially responsible as well (not that it makes it ok, just that it wasnt just him) I got in his face and wouldnt let him get away, and was being a b word all together. All I am saying is that it will be good for you to look at what you did in the situation (if you even did anything) to push what sounds like a normal man to this point, and work on yourself as well. I am not saying its ok or that its your fault, but just that it wouldnt hurt to look at that. My husband and I dont fight like that anymore. I know to give him a break before we work things out, he is a good guy, but even good guys can get pushed to far. I agree with the others that you might want to see a chriopractor if it doesnt get better soon. With me it happened, but hasnt happend again, I hope its the same for you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • Chiropractor who has a massage therapist in office...You probably need BOTH. I'd calmly talk to him about what he did and how hurtful (not just physically) it was for you. If he ever does anything like that again...RUN!

    Answer by AlliPerry at 1:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.