What is your clothing situation?

I would rather do anything than buy clothes for myself. In fact, whenever I set out to buy clothing for me, I come home with lots of things for my husband and kids and maybe one or two things that I really couldn't do without any longer. I currently have only one pair of pants that are suitable for wearing in public. It's just more fun to buy clothes for my family than for myself. Anyone else have this problem?

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 10:59 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have the same problem :)
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I used to have this problem. I always wanted to buy for everyone else and because I had gained weight I hated the way everything looked on me. Now I buy clothes for myself because although I haven't lost all the weight I want to I have decided I need to feel good about myself. It has taken a long time although I now understand that I need things just like everyone else.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I do! I actually going to buy me some clothes today(will see how that goes). I just don't have the time to shop for myself. I admit I have maybe two good outfits to wear in public.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 11:02 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I have a few pairs of pants but they are mostly from high school but still in good shape. That means most of my pants are 10 years old. All I have for shirts are t shirts. I have maybe 2 business outfits, 2 nice dresses, and about 30 pairs of scrubs. I don't like to buy for myself either.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:02 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I am the same way. I can buy for my kids and husband all day, but i hate to buy for myself.
    CourtneyGarcia

Answer by CourtneyGarcia at 11:03 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Heck no! My husband doesn't appreciate much of anything I buy for him, & he never buys me anything, so I buy what I want, when I want, get my own gifts, & yes, I am a clothes horse!..................LOL!
    TOTOKANSAS

Answer by TOTOKANSAS at 11:03 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I use to love buying clothes for myself but now I am at a size I dont plan on staying and I dont want to buy clothes for this size ( and waste money or get me to put off losing weight any longer) ......so I always buy things for the kids or for my husband and I just wear my husbands baggy clothes that buy "him"
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 11:04 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I am in desperate need of new clothes, but not until after Christmas. I am in such desperate need because whenever I set out to buy for me, I end up buying for my little guy.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:04 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I work in an office, so I try to keep at least 4 decent pairs of slacks and one decent pair of jeans for Fridays. The zipper on one of my slacks broke last week, so now I am down to 3 and having to wash mid-week. My little ones have a lot more new/decent clothes than I do. I like shopping for them and dressing them cute. I hate shopping for myself. I don't enjoy shopping for my teen all that much either because she doesn't like most of the things I pick out for her. My husband is tall, so there aren't that many options for him and shopping for him is a pain.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:11 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I recently went back to work so I had to buy clothes for me. It's horrible. I hate the way I look and everything that looks great is way out of my budget so yes, I hate to buy clothes. I usually don't buy for my kids though because they already have too much and I don't like having things that won't fit in the closet. I will buy for my friend who recently lost over a hundred pounds because it is easy to buy for guys, the guys section actually has nice clothes at good prices and he really appreciates it.
    t3dragonflies

Answer by t3dragonflies at 11:22 AM on Dec. 15, 2010