Ok parents...be real

Dont you love it when you get time alone? Like right now I get an hour to go do something and i am just thrilled I get an hour to do it without having to take my son with me. He is a good boy but you know you have to dress them, get coats, and hats, and ................. then get out the door lol I havent had a break in a long time so I am to excited!

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 11:04 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• YES!!!

I usually have to get up at pre-dawn hours to get mine, tho. But its turns out ot be my favorite part of the day and worth the sacrifice of sleep
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes I agree I love getting time a lone. I think it makes me a better parent because I am not so stressed. My kids are older now so it is a little different, although I still love my time.

Have fun!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No. I miss my DD too much. Even if I run to the store for 10 minutes. I'm sick in bed right now and she is with DH down stairs and I miss her like crazy.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:06 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I rarely get alone time, so when I do I love it!
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• yes, alone time is important for anyone, moms shouldn't be excluded from it. even if it is just 10 minutes a day. i get mine when i get up earlier then i need to in the mornings, i need to have coffee and atleast 2 cigarettes and SILENCE before i do anything. if that gets messed up, my whole day is off. that's the only time when everyone is sleeping and I am completely alone.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I usually feel guilty if I get even a lil ounce of alone time
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• OMG yes.. I had to go pick up my prescription yesterday and DH happened to be home so I got to go alone lol It was the first time in so long and it felt weird but good at the same time lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• yesss
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 11:09 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I think the desire for alone time changes as the demands of the children change. When my kids were first born, I wanted to be with them constantly. As they got a little older and were more constantly needy/demanding I wanted more alone time. Now that they are even older and are able to do a lot of their own stuff and really don't want me to do stuff for them, I don't feel that overwhelming sense of, "I just want time to myself!".
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:11 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• there's something to that, Donna.
    as our kids outgrow us and even into adulthood, we want to feel we're still needed or offering support to them in some way. My dad is always getting stuff for us he thinks will help us out. (Its usually yard sale junk we toss out, but its the thought that counts and we show that appreciation).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Dec. 15, 2010