Whos really ready for Christmas?

I'm not a scrooge but when everything is left up to u to do from all the housework,even putting up the tree and decorating,all the christmas food shopping,cooking it then cleaning after dh,4 kids 2 gds,Christmas has become a chore.My dh and kids never want to get into the spirit of decorating,watching Christmas movies etc...I know most women in the homes have this to do and it should be fun and I know the reason for the season but I'm just sick and tired of feeling sick and tired this time of year.I would just soon start a new tradition of cooking homemade tacos or something,after all we just did all this for Thanksgiving and I do all that alone as well with 2 grown dds with my grandkids who come eat,hang out ahile or go to sleep then leave all for me to do again.I'm not feeling sorry for myself,I guess I'm just venting!can't get any of this through my familys thick heads.I just raised lazy kids,really my fault:/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Holidays

• I am ready. We decorated on dec 1st, so thats been done for a while, we have been buying presents since november, they are all wrapped so thats done, just bought all the fixins for christmas dinner today. the only thing left is to get stocking stuffers, and I have seen rudolph and frosty so many times I'm about to hide the dvd's!.
    Sorry the holiday isnt going great for you, but I think starting your own new tradition is a great idea and if the kids and hubs throw a fit then tell them the new tradition is either taco's or them all pitching in and helping
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:21 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• im ready, but i dont have as much to do/plan as you do. i only have one kid and she's 2 so she doesnt know all the hoopla that should be happening (and isnt this year). i also started shopping back in October (i have to spread it out or else we cant afford presents).

but the biggest reason im ready is b/c my mom lives in town so we go over there for Christmas afternoon and the big meal...which is pizza haha. my mom started feeling unappreciated and overwhelmed about 10 years ago and decided it was going to be frozen pizzas instead of the big meal from then on out. and we thought it was great since we didnt have to stop playing with our new stuff to eat. instead we had the big meal the day after Christmas. so make a new tradition of tacos! you never know they may like it!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I am ready for the most part, some stocking stuffers and last minute baking to do is it. I would be disappointed if my kids did not get into Christmas, it would be a real bummer. Sorry you are so overwhelmed.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• not me, unless you count decorating.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I only bought for my hubby my daughter my mom my dad my friend kass and amanda....Im done shopping.. the snow is here the tree has been up since thanksgiving lol...im ready as far as that goes.... but im having a hard time bc my dad died on christmas day and my great uncle just died the other day....
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Oh I'm so sorry!I lknow I should just be grateful I have everyone here this year and quit complaining.Sounds very christmasy ur way again sorry for ur loss and the absents of ur Dad and g uncle.bless u and family:)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2010