When your child looses a tooth do you throw it away or save it???

tuttiepiemomma

Asked by tuttiepiemomma at 8:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We have kept every tooth both of our sons have lost. For some of them, I wrote a little story about how it was lost (if it was something other than an ordinary pulling), and I date them so I'll know how old they were.
    2boysmom703

Answer by 2boysmom703 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I save it. the kids found my stash of teeth while going through my stuff one day and asked me about it. I told them that the tooth fairy takes it, marks it down, cleans it and then gives it to us for safe keeping. They were ok with that answer and thought it was really neat to be able to go back and look at their teeth as they get older.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• No I plan on saving her first tooth.....but only that one...we put it in her baby book so she can look back at it
    goffclan4

Answer by goffclan4 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i keep my daughters. my mom kept mine and then once i had lost them all and no longer believed in the tooth fairy she showed them to me. i think after that she threw em away tho.
    septembermom

Answer by septembermom at 11:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i really don't keep his tooth anymore he lost 4 so fast..lol i think its something to rem there lil teeth by keeping it...
    SHANTELL32

Answer by SHANTELL32 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I HAVE THREE KIDS, 31, 30,21, AND I HAVE KEPT EVERYONE OF THEIR TEETHS, WHY I REALLY DON'T KNOW BUT AT ONE POINT I WANTED TO MAKE A RING OUT OF THE FRONT TEETH, BUT NEVER GOT AROUND TO IT.

Answer by older at 1:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I have kept all her teeth. So far. good question though. I am starting to wonder what I am going to do with them???? keep them forever?? Hmmmm. For now I am "the tooth collector" LOL
    mommymeof2

Answer by mommymeof2 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Haha, this is funny and I'm glad to know that I am not the only one. I save all of my childrens, though I have no idea why. I don't do a note, but it seems too significant to thrown them away. ironically, my own mother gave me all of my baby teeth back just a few years ago. Now, not only do I have both of my kids's but mine, too. Not sure what I will ever do with them. Keeping them seems silly but throwing them away is too hard to do.
    Cari14

Answer by Cari14 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I'm glad to know I'm not weird. I decided to keep her tooth bc it was just tooo special to throw away! Thanks ladies!
    tuttiepiemomma

Answer by tuttiepiemomma at 9:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2008