Have you ever?

Have you ever been whale watching? If so, tell me about your experience. If you have not had the chance to, where would you go?

sexyfancyface

Asked by sexyfancyface at 11:14 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Travel

• Several times, in Monterey, California. I've been on watching tours when we didn't see anything at all, which is always a possibility. I've been on watching tours where we saw several pods. I've been in kayaks when pods went swimming by, breaching less than 20 feet away and looking us right in the eye. It's an absolutely incredible experience.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:18 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• At least once when I was a young kid I don't remember much It was kinda boring. I might take a different view now that I am sooooo old (according to my kids LOL)
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:21 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We went this past summer out of Long Beach, CA. DS1 was seasick. DS2 got a little afraid. I was not feeling great and DD was doing the "I'm the king of the world" thing and had a blast. We some some really cool pods of dolphins but no whales. Despite the sea sickness I think we had a good time, well, DD had an awesome time.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No..sadly Im on the Eastern coast and have only seen Dolphins
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 5:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes, during our cruise to Alaska-the whales were all over the place...just had to step outside on the ship's deck to see them....very cool!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 9:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Went whale watching in Maui and Booth Bay Harbor, ME
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 4:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I have seen them in winter, usually a mom & baby off the coast of St. Augustine, Fl. Great whites winter here from Hawaii.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:14 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• wow no but sounds great
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Nope..would like to though
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 17, 2010