Is a girl possible?

I would really like to have a baby girl, (a boy would be fine too) . Are there any ways to help with conceiving a girl? Have you ever tried this before? Did it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• The sex of the baby is all up to your partner's sperm. There is no position or concoction that will guarantee a girl. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Anonymous

• Just have your husband THINK GIRL really hard, and his girl sperm will travel faster! LOL I'M JUST JOKING! That's a joke my family has because whatever our husbands were thinking that they wanted we were pregnant with! lol I have no idea though, I just know it depends on what God makes the baby :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Use the Shettles method, my friend swears by it. Never tried it, but it is interesting to say the least.

Anonymous

• If you look up "gender determination" you should find some interesting information. Shettles method is one. Other people think that your diet can make a difference.
    mama3ks97

Answer by mama3ks97 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• There is no way to guarentee, but timing can make it more likely. If you know when you ovulate by charting temperatures and observing your body. Generally if you have sex a few days before you ovulate you are more likely to have a girl and if you wait and do it just before you ovulate you are more likely to have a boy.
    JenEliBella

Answer by JenEliBella at 11:34 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• There are many old wives tales, but ultimately it comes down to your husband's boys, sorry! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Lol ok this is an old wise tell ( I personally dont believe it) but my mother n law and older woman swear they new there sex before they were told. They say if the man does all the work its a girl, if you do all the work its a boy. I know if your aiming for a boy the man needs to drink a coffee beverage before sex it makes his boy swimmers go faster to there, and girl sperm linger longer than boys they die off faster,so I guess have sex up to a week before you ovualate and hope the girls stay! Good luck
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 12:20 AM on Nov. 8, 2008