legal problems, advice anyone?

my parents took custody of my son when he was born until i turn 18. i still have a yr til then. the agreement says that when i turn 18 and graduate with my high diploma i can take custody of my son completely. my dad and i dont get a long at all, he treats me like crap and its really hard to live in the house with him harrassing me. i still take care of my son even though i dont have custody. i have a job, i already have somewhere to stay when i move out after i graduate. i just dont think i handle another yr but im trying to hang in there for my son. if i leave now, id have to leave my son behind and when i turn 18 my dad can say im unfit mother. i know i wouldnt win in court. the relationship with my dad has already failed, my mom is still there for me. i just be able to have a relationship with son with out all this legal crap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't understand your question? How did you lose custody of your child? what exactly are you asking advice about?
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• If you don't think there is any way you can win... I would just stick it out for your little one, avoid your dad and just do what you need to do to get by for the next year.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:24 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i was raped and was dealing with a lot emotionally, i didnt know how to deal with it and i started cutting to make the pain go away. a nieghbor of ours thought id be unfit to take care of a child so he called child services and my parents offered to take custody. me graduating and having a job and place to live when 18 shows that i can take care of a kid and myself. i have to consuler everu week. im just asking for advice.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Number 1 your his biological mother whom has been apart of this childs life, from what Im reading you have proved yourself a FIT mother. I think your father is being very selfish. Maybe with you being so close to you coming of age he is feeling the separation anxiety now. I say try and mend a fence with your father give him the opportunity to tell you what really is on his heart, (hence the word "heart") go with a clear mind and listen with your heart. You two seem to me have a lot of animosity. You need and as he does too this child IS NOT A PAWN! You both need to come to some agreement on this, he loves you both unconditionally and should never be put in the postion to choose. If you have legal documentation you father CAN NOT stop you from your child when the time comes. My best to you all.
    nwaskie

Answer by nwaskie at 11:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• take it slow and focus on you right now. The pressure to raise a child on your own after going thru that bad experience will be compounded when you get out on your own. stick it out! Your parents were right and this will help you to be the best mom you can be for your child....its hard right now but it will get better! :-) I believe in you! I believe that if you keep your head up you can do anything! Seek God and a loving church that could be a great help to you emotionally at this time...your dad will come around eventually. Hes going thru his own emotions right now that he does not know how to deal with. Have faith!
    menmy6

Answer by menmy6 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2010