im getting married and I dont know what to serve its at a park for wedding and reception but i dont know what to do

it my wedding and i dont know what to serve its going to be at a park for wedding and reception and there is going to be at least 50 people there its going to be april 22 2009

babyhugs2008

Asked by babyhugs2008 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Have a pot luck... My mom and her sisters all made food for a very large crowd at mine and all my cousins!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 8:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My brother had the same thing. They had it simple, meat and cheese trays with a variety of dinner rolls along with butter and mayo. there were pasta salads and a fruit bowl. Potlucks are great also, just make sure there's enough outlets(in the picnic shelter) for the numerous crockpots and bins of ice for the cold things. Remeber to keep the hot food hot and the cold food cold...don't want people to look back on your special day remembering how they got sick...Not to sound mean, just trying to make sure you keep an open mind......GOOD LUCK!! AND CONGRATS!!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Call the caterer.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Get a tent if there's any chance of rain.

Find a local caterer and ask for suggestions and menus. What style are you having? Is it formal or informal (how will the wedding party be dressed)? Morning or afternoon ceremony? Any activities at the park or just a beautiful setting?

It's your wedding but if I had mine at a park, it would be semi formal (short gowns for the bridesmaids) and a buffet lunch or brunch. So, I would be thinking of a few simple appetizers paced by catering staff (maybe a seafood like shrimp or scallops in bacon, mini quiches and mini cheese and fruit kababs) champagne, open bar. For entree a buffet: Carved turkey or a chicken dish like marsalla or lemon and capers and carved beef, a potato and vegetable side, a specialty salad (like greek or ceasar) and tossed salad, some declicious breads. Wine at the tables.

Wedding cake, of course.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:19 AM on Nov. 8, 2008