• umm ... I hate to dampen the laughter, but

... have you SEEN today's common living quarters?

The politically-correct in the European Union have had their way for years with "adjusting" to global warming. With cautionary results (remember the waves of deaths from extreme weather - despite the fact the they HAVE technology to heat / cool homes !! ).

Browse through any IKEA showroom. What do you think you're looking at? These designs are GREAT for tiny living spaces, they emphasize clever ways to store and dual-purpose one's furnishings. (Don't mistake my feelings: I LOVE IKEA)

Helpful for American youth in dorms or apartments. But ESSENTIAL for swathes of Europeans who spend their entire lives confined in tiny living quarters. Which is great if it's your preference ! But not if activists coerce you into "saving the planet" .

http://www.oprah.com/world/Oprah-Tours-a-Typical-Home-in-Copenhagen-Denmark-Video

waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Exactly. Two flags. The American flag always flies above all other flags. It should have been on top, not dragging the ground.

Kerp, being that your husband was "military"~ you/your husband/your family have probably flown many an American Flag, right? You should know this by now at your age.... Interesting..

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Okay, that kitchen would NEVER work for me. I actually cook in mine.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

I agree that we should do what we can to conserve energy. When it's time to replace things, I shop for what is energy-efficient. But I don't ditch something that is perfectly good just to replace it with something that is enery-efficient. That is wasteful, too.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Ya know ... I've lived in a 7x14 camper for over a year. No running water inside. A sawdust potty, a sink outside (that freezes in cold weather), a solar shower. We're building a cordwood, earthbermed home with all solar power. I raise our food (garden, orchard, meat/dairy animals). I can and dehydrate rather than rely on a freezer. I have a well and a septic system. I use gray water.

I also manage to NEVER drag my flag on the ground OR tie it to a stick ~ and I have NO need to fly some other rag over the top of it.

That blog writer can suck my big American toe and tell me what it tastes like (and I'll cheerfully stomp barefoot through the pig pen first!).
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• LOL Not in my lifetime will that become the norm. I have a house I like, a pretty big one that has regular light bulbs in all the fixtures and I'd never buy a dinky box
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yeah, the flag should never be treated that way. That's just disrespectful and wrong.

The rest of it -- I don't know. It looks like a mouse house to me. But if you can function in that space, good for you.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• The demeaning of the flag is a bunch of crap, but the other stuff... if they can live like that then good for them!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:27 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• The one thing I like is the Windmills--wind power. Otherwise,it seems to be a commercial.Who knows.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• has the idiot who wrote that blog ever heard of an on demand water heater?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2010