I am in need of advice

I dnt even know how many weeks pregnant I am anymore...I am so upset I have been having contractions every 5 to 3 min apart since Sunday morning...now I am stubborn and I am not one to go to the hospital til I cant take it any more...and by Monday after noon in the middle of buying a new phone for my husband lets just say I could not take it any more...I was crying and all

So I go to L&D and in fact I am contracting every 5 to 3 min apart with lots of irritability in between...the doc orders a shot to stop the contraction and what does that do nothing but make my heart rate go extremely high I felt like I was on a case of 5 hr energy drinks...still contracting he orders a biophysical to see if the baby is really what I thought which was 35 weeks turns out he is measuring 37 to 38 weeks in between all of this I have only dilated 1 cent...and while I was gone doing my u/s the nurses switch shift but b4 they do the new nurse starts to ask why they have not sent me home yet and that all I am doing is taking up a bed

Little does she kno my husband was there listening to her so when I get back my husband was furious and the nurse comes up to me and tells me so we feel better now right...I look at her and tell her If I felt better would I be in tears...so she hooks me back up to the monitor and within the 15 min I am on that I have had 4 contractions she comes back and says well you have only had 4 contractions I am going to call the doc and see what he says...she calls and very lowly she tells him that I have no more contractions and that I feel better now and want to go home

She came back to my room and I sent her to hell took the discharge paper cuz did I mention she had those ready in 2 min and kicked me out the door...I called my doc the next day and he does not even want to talk to me I spoke to every nurse in there but him so I finally told one nurse what happened she told him and he said he sent me home cuz I was not dilating so my question is why the hell do they tell you to go to the hospital when your contractions are every 5 min apart if they send you home because you are not dilating and how am I suppose to know when to go back because this has not stopped and honestly ladies I cant take it anymore

I am writing this in tears from the pain I am having and I do not know what to do anymore...What would you do???

lazo060109

Asked by lazo060109 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Start looking for a new Doctor and calling around, I know of several people who have changed throughout their pregnancy and if you ask on here with another question I am sure some woman would be happy to give you tips on how to change last minute. I have seen questions before and a bunch of woman explaining how they did it. I wish I could recall what they did but I have never personally been through it I don't have children, ttc, and I do know the option to switch is there. It's just iffy about the hospital since I know you have to register ahead of time and stuff. But a Doctor you should definitely be able to switch right now.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I would get a new Doctor and go to a completely different hospital if at all possible. I know it's never to late to change doctors but I'm not sure about the hospital part. But if all of that was true then there is no way in hell I would go back in there since they obviously didn't seem to care and if its true about the nurse lying like that I would never feel safe in that hospital. I would rather deliver in my house or in the car, anywhere but there.
    If you can, see what the next nearest hospital is and try going there.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 11:31 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Keep calling until someone listens and takes you seriously... Honestly I would also document your calls
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:32 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I would keep going to the hospital. Hell I went a least three times and they sent me home two of those times. Go for your on piece of mind. Most hosptial have surveys for you to fill out about your hospital visit, I would fill one of those out and tell the truth. Good Luck and Congrats on the baby!
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 11:31 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• get a second opinion, go to a different doctor. Have you been going to this docotor the whole pregnancy? Im kind of confused with the whole thing really. If he has been your doctor he should know how far along you are, and I wouldnt think they would send you home having contractions that close together.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• first off i would call that hospital and complain, that is BS and did they even check you before you left, when i was pregnant last time i went in when my contractions were like 5 min aprt. and was only dialated 2 cm but after an hour i was at 4 or something. but anyway i would call the hospital like i said and complain i would call around and see if you can switch doctors, probably not since you are so far along, but you can always try and then call your doctors office back and b**** till someone there listens to you. they are there for you there is no way i would stand for that and honey you shouldnt either. i hope everything goes okay and good luck to you. congrat on the baby
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 11:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• To: nicjon I would keep going but my husbands job is getting tired of him missing he works nights unfortunately and needs to sleep throughout the day in order to work well for his shift and can not do so if he take me to the hospital all the time...and unfortunately no one else is willing to go with me and he will definitely not let me go alone after what happened on monday...but thnks for the congrats

To: Gnomeofmyheart I agree I am skeptical on going back there but the other two hospitals near my home are much worse than this one which is why I chose this one to begin with thinking it was better I was definitely wrong....I did tell my husband that I think since I am so paranoid now that my son might very well be born at home and then be taken to the hospital afterwards and he agreed with me and I didnt think you could switch docs so late in the game which is why I have not attempted but now I will definitely look into it
    lazo060109

Comment by lazo060109 (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• To:Bjojola I have been calling alot and documenting them my mom thinks I should report them to the bored

To: Loving mama I think its too late for a second opinion at least that is what everyone keep telling me and I thought they would not send me home either with them so close together and the thing is I have been going to his office my whole pregnancy but he was not my doc it was his partner and she is gone on vacation

To:michelle.coopes: I called the hospital and complained and all they did was apologize for the inconvenience...I have been making phone calls for the past two days and they all just brush it off...I have finally come to realize y ppl have home births and hate the hospitals so much
    lazo060109

Comment by lazo060109 (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It's never to late to switch Doctors. My mom had a very good friend who went into labor (she was there) and the Doctor wasn't giving her the time of day while she was in the hospital so during birth she demanded to have another Doctor and the hospital supplied a different one. I don't know all the details and things might have changed but since the hospital had a second available Doctor she was able to switch in the middle of her delivery and my mom's friend said it was the best decision ever. I don't know all the details and the reason for her to suddenly want another Doctor, all I do know is the one she started with just wasn't pulling through like he should have and she was having some difficulties that she felt he wasn't handling right and the second Doctor jumped in and everything was smooth sailing after that.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 12:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• To: Gnomeofmyheart wow I am glad she was able to have the birth experience that she wanted afterwards I hope that they let me do the same cuz I am honestly not happy anymore this has changed my whole perspective on hospital birthing it truly has
    lazo060109

Comment by lazo060109 (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2010