What is the difference between a Nintendo DS, DSI, and DS Lite??????

Looking to get one for my 6 yr old and don't know the diff! lol

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 11:27 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Technology

• ds - small, dsi- bulky, ds lite- thin
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• The DS is a little bulkier, and it's not back lit. The DS Lite is smaller and is back lit. The DSI has Internet capabilities.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:31 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• The DSi I believe is the newer one, and has internet capabilities, which is cool for downloading games straight to it!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• The DS has the smallest screen size I believe and no internet browser capabilities. The DSi has a much larger screen and internet brwoser capability. I'm not sure about the DS lite.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• ok the DS is the first model it is the one that is bulky I am not sure of the screen size of any of them to be honest but I think they are similar. I do not have the original DS but I have seen them and I do think they are back-lit.

DS Lite is just what it says it is smaller and smiller lighter but basically the same as the DS in features as far as I know.

DSI has a camera and internet browser capabilities, the body style of the DS and the DSI are about the same the DS you are also able to play Gameboy advanced games the DSI no longer has that slot.

I have both the DS lite and a DSI if you have more questions let me know.
    Akimcole

Answer by Akimcole at 12:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2010