Tight on Money? Second job?

Me and my husband are having difficulties paying our bills. He works long hours and I work part-time while attending College Classes. My baby is only 9 months old. Should I get another job??? Or would that be stretching myself to thin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Money & Work

• First, you should list all of your expenses, bills, debt and the incoming income. Really analyze all of your monthly payments and see where your money is going. Start cutting out things that you could really live without like eating out, coffee, cable, recreation, etc. If you have a car payment consider downgrading your vehicle with one with little or no payment. Switch high interest credit cards to companies you will charge you less interest. After doing all this and you still find that you can't make ends meet, you have to do what you have to do; even if that means getting a second job. Just remember that daycare can get quite expensive and if your part time job barely covers the babysitter, it might not be such a great idea. Good luck!
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 8:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• That would be stretching yourself to thin. I don't mean to be insensitive, but I made $65.00 in the last 4 hours. It's easy, you don't have to purchase anything from me or anyone else, it's not a GPT or scam. If you are interested I'll be happy to help you. If your in college I'm assuming you can spell, type and form a decent sentence (none of which I seem to be able to accomplish tonight). Even if you keep the part time job you can write articles in an hour, pfff between classes if you have a laptop. People pay top dollar for them.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 9:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Most second jobs won't pay enough to cover your expenses. Many moms here have chosen to work from home to supplement their families's income. Find a reliable company that is endorsed by the BBB and not only will you have extra income but many tax incentives as well.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 2:33 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I work with herbalife as my second job. It's very time consuming but it's the best second job I have ever had. I use the products so I get discounts plus it is sooo great to see people reach there weight loss goals. There is nothing like seeing someone you've helped mentor to reach a goal weight. It's amazing........
    alaskaice

Answer by alaskaice at 12:19 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• I sell Gold Canyon Candles (as a Manager) for a second job. I don't look at it as a "second" job though. I love it! It is my own business and I make my own hours. For the month of November you can join my team and starting making good money right away! Check out my website for more info....www.mygc.com/JackieHaserick
    CandleLady800

Answer by CandleLady800 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2008