Where is the line between...

being honest (without any ill intentions meant in the least)

and being insensitive?

Why does having an honest feeling that offends other's sensibilities automatically make you a bad or evil person for thinking that? Its just honest and you can't control what you think at that time.

If your actions are honorable, shouldn't that be what matters more, not what you're thinking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's not what you think....it's what you say. You don't ALWAYS have to say what you think. And, it depends on what the topic is, and the person you're being so honest with. Honesty may be the best policy, but sometimes being tactful or silent is much better.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 1:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Absolutely! I do that alot with my husband, and I always end up being the bad guy. However, I wouldn't do it any other way. That's who I am!
    mamaziller

Answer by mamaziller at 11:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Absolutely!

Answer by older at 1:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i agree 100%............but unfortunately thats not how the world is.....the world is filled with mean,hateful people........but its also filled with good,friendly people......
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I agree, that's why I say whats on my mind HERE and keep it to myself in real life. I'd rather get flak from you guys than the people I know in my real life. No offence, but the people we know in our real life have more impact on us personally and is far more long-lasting than the people on a website do. So I can take the snarkiness and criticism here, but at least I got what I said off my chest AND verified that it is in fact something I should keep to myself in addition to the few pearls of wisdom people have to offer without being snide about what I said. To them: Thank you.

Honestly is not always the best policy. Better to just suck it up sometimes and do the nice thing.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2010