My two year old will not sleep in his crib anymore what do i do

He wants to sleep with my seven year old dtr but he won't go to sleep in her bed, he gets up and down all night thinking it is playtime. When he started to climb out of his crib i put in the crib tent but i feel like i am keeping him prisoner and now he is screaming when i put him in there and it is waking up my one year old who shares the room with him. Do i accept the idea that he is ready for a bed and try to teach him to sleep in it?

Brookecase

Asked by Brookecase at 8:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try a toddler bed and put a gate in his door...my oldest one did that 18 mths so i went ahead and put him and toddler bed ....everyone was happy
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 8:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• definitely try gettin him on a toddler bed.
    what he is doing can be a sign tht he wants to sleep on big boy bed .. he wants to become a big boy. or i could be wrong. before my oldest son turn 2 he was already sleeping in a BIG bed. he want it so i give him a big bed ... i put all his teddy bears all around the bed in the floor and when i would wake up all teddy bears where on the bed wit him.
    20_mama_3

Answer by 20_mama_3 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Yep....get him a bed and teach him to sleep in it. Put his favorite lovey to sleep with. You could use a gate too like bonnie-jo said. That would keep in him the room at least if he don't stay in the bed at first.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• we-shut-our-door-we-do-have-a-monaotor-the-reason-the-door-is-shut-is-cuz-of-mil-cats...
    any-ways-they-are-16-months-now-did-it-at-15-we-had-to-break-the-crib-leg-got-stuck---but-all-said-and-done-some-times-they-still-get-up-and-play-but-they-end-up-in-bed-or-each-others-at-least-
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 8, 2008