I am trying to undo an ex's touch to our home (recently married) any suggestions on what to replace the pink carpet and blue wallpaper with?

gatorswife

Asked by gatorswife at 11:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• if you are still wanting carpet i would go for something darker cos then the stains dont show up as much, and with the wallpaper wait until you have chosen what you doing witht eh floor and then get something that goes with what you have done, thats what i would personally do
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Look under a corner of the carpet and see if there are hardwoods underneath. You could have some beautiful floors hiding underneath!! If there is, pull up the carpet and then, I would definitely pull off wall paper! Not only is it outdated, but with exposing hardwoods, you could significantly increase the value of your home! To remove wall paper, you can use a solution made of fabric softener and water to loosen it and pull it right off in a cinch! GL
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Blue wallpaper and pink carpet? Please tell me that combination wasn't in one room!! I agree with babylove, check out the condition of the flooring underneath. You can even have the floors redone if they're decent enough, then throw down a nice area rug.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I would suggest a neutral colored carpet (although easy to clean if you have young kids!). I'd rip down the wallpaper, and paint instead. Depending on your style, you can either go bold (like an aqua), luxurious (like a burgundy), neutral (a few shades lighter than your carpet), or plain (white).
    amandag618

Answer by amandag618 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Uh how bout moving to a new place.Does it bother u that some otha woman that has been with ur s/o walkd those hallways and used the same shower???Anyways rip up that pink carpet and paint those blue walls grl!
    carisa368

Answer by carisa368 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Hardwood floors for sure! They go with just about anything and will increase the home's value. If there is not hardwood under the carpet then get some. The cost for the click and lock flooring can be lower than for new carpet and it can last a lot longer.

For the walls, it depends on your style, what room it is in, and the rest of your decor.
    LadyKatya

Answer by LadyKatya at 7:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2010