how to get your two year old to stay in bed for is nap

i can not for the life of me get my son to stay in bed, what can i do

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 11:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put a baby gate in his doorway, or one on top of another if needed.

Answer by missanc at 12:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• First, you have to ask yourself, is he out-growing naps? Some kids do at age 2. If so, just give him a rest time by reading a story to him while you lie down together. Or read a few stories. If he falls asleep, he needed the nap. If not, let him up to play.
    A great book for nap-time or bedtime is A Pretty Girl Was Alpha Bette. Boys love it, too. It gives him the 2 things he needs most: parent-time and reading readiness.

http://thegodfreymethod.com
    RocketMom14kids

Answer by RocketMom14kids at 4:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• In short, he doesn't. Lol. I lay him down in bed, make sure he's comfortable and covered, and then leave the room. Often he plays for a while and ends up falling asleep curled up on the floor somewhere. He seems to prefer sleeping on the floor and I figure no harm no foul.
    toykeymama

Answer by toykeymama at 6:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Two year olds are really energetic. However, I found if I took my child out for some fresh air for at least an hour or two the fresh air made my child sleepy and they usually would end up taking a nap during the day.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2010