so worried bleeding!

last week i had a ultrasound that showed the sac,yolk &embryo at 4mm, and told me i was 4weeks pregnant im guessing from the fetel age.. So i guess im 5weeks now, and had intercorse on saturday night and started brown spotting monday evening, im really worried ive rang the early pregnanacy unit &they told me unless its bright red with pain and clotting its normal, wel ive had no serve pain just a few random abdominal lpains now and again but thats itt .. The brown spotting seems to stop and start and seems to be nothing over night, i know this might sound a lil gross but (up there) seems to be constant brown blood, but only a light when wiping &it will drop on my knickers once or twice to, is there anything i should be worryed about, i still have tenter boobs witch feels like their all brused, tired and alot of head akes? Please comment especally if uve had something simplar and had aa success pregnancy!

daniellelewis

Asked by daniellelewis at 12:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You need to calm down and relax. Brown spotting is nothing. It is 100% normal. Stress is not good for you or the baby. Save your worry for when something that deserves worry comes along.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Brown spotting (especially after sex) is totally normal!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• this pregnanacy hasnt exactly beeen straight forward to me due fro my lmp im suppose to be 11weeks, but apprantly the nurse said it looks like im 4weeks, i have another scan friday to see if the babys developing, my nipples have also gone really dry, i know i shouldnt worry, but its hard

daniellelewis

Comment by daniellelewis (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Brown blood = old blood. Just keep an eye on it and if it gets worse, seek help.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• If your around 4 weeks, isnt that when implantation bleeding happens? ( <- real question, not sarcastic)
    I would just stop stressing out, and just be excited about your pregnancy!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Almost the exact same thing happened to me when I was a bit farther along than you. I was super worried about it, but am now 6 1/2 months pregnant and everything is going great! Be worried, just enough to make sure everything is ok, but don't get to worked up!
    TeacherMeg23

Answer by TeacherMeg23 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Stop having sex until you get the ok from your OB. Under the right conditions sex during early pregnancy can cause a miscarriage. It's pretty rare, but not unheard of. Brown blood is old blood. Probably from the cervix. No need to worry. Wait and see what happens on friday. Wear a liner just in case any more old blood comes out.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i had the same happen to me... according to my LMP when i had my 1st u/s i should have been 12 weeks but i was only 9.... i had bleeding like that and was told as long as its not more than a tablespoon full and bright red with cramps to not worry about it because it is normal especially after sex... no worries cause now im 19 weeks with a lil girl!
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 3:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2010