Question for stay at home moms.........

I am a stay at home mom and I am trying to think of something to do for my DF for Christmas. I don't wanna be like "Babe I need money to buy you a Christmas present!!" lol What do you get your DH/SO for gifts? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. =)

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 12:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I just use money out of the joint checking account, or use a credit card so he doesn't see the names of the merchant.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Use cash and buy like a prepaid card. That way he doesn't know about it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I save change all year.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Oh good idea Misteh! Won't help me now though! lol
    jenae_gist

Comment by jenae_gist (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I offer to do little jobs for my parents, cleaning, organizing..etc, and they give me a little something. I try and save as much as I can, and get him something he really likes. The year before last, I only had about 45 bucks. So I bought him a black t-shirt (what he always wears) , and had "Scarlett's Dad" written across the shoulders. He still wears it proudly and loves it.
    You could also make him little "coupons"... 1 for One Baby Free Day, where you take the kids out somewhere and he can just be lazy all day... One "End a fight" card (my SO's favorite). I told him that if we were in a fight, he could give it to me, and that would be the end of the fight. and maybe one "Night of his favorites" favorite dinner, massage, position... You get the idea! GL!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Why would you have to ask for money? Don't you have access to any?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes I do have access to money but the point is he would be buying his own gifts since he earned the money. lol I like the idea of the coupon book! I will do that for sure.
    jenae_gist

Comment by jenae_gist (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2010