Do you get?

Do you get the teacher a present to send to school with your child? I sent a sack of kisses, with a card.

sexyfancyface

Asked by sexyfancyface at 12:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Usualy a teacher themed ornament
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We do some years, not others. This year we are making oatmeal cookie mix in a jar for the kids' teachers.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I crocheted some dishcloths and sent them in in a package that was decorated by my little ones.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• well my DD class is giving their teacher a gift card becasue she is pregnant!! So each kid if you want to donate is to bring in 2-5 dollars!!! Normally we send a card and some christmas cookies my DD decorates
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 12:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes. I got a Christmas mug (snowman) full of cocoa, peppermint sticks & marshmallows
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 12:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i think that is fine. I don't do it anymore in High scholl though.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No,just a card

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I bought books for his classroom. Last year it was anit bacterial soap. Things for the class I'm told is far better than lotions from the Bath and Body Shop. But I think just a thank you for doing what you do every day for my child and for the children of this school - that is what is needed the most.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We try to get a gift card for $5-$10 but we can't always afford it with 3 kids in school (it adds up quick). My friend is a teacher and she said she would prefer gift cards to ornaments and things. They get so much of that stuff. Gift cards can be used for things they need or want for themselves or the classroom (like books).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We usually get something for the teachers. I have given GC to the local book store, I have also made chocolates and candles for the teacher. One year we did Christmas ornaments. I try to do something different. This year I am not sure what we are getting. Also, I only give gifts when my children are in elementry school. Once they hit middle school we don't because there are just to many people to buy for at that age.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2010