Anyone tryin for or have SSI?

Between my counselor and Doc.They r helping me get ssi for a severe anxiety disorder I have.Agoraphobia for one,Its a horrible feeling.Anyways who knows what my chances r?I do not have ins.and I am on several meds and between Paying all my Doc bills,I have to have help with the medical part especially.If u have it,how long did it take? And trying not to be so nosy but how much do u get?I'm sure though it depends all on each situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Health

• SSI or any disability is hard to get, from what I understand you have to be off a year of work and of course documentation from DR's stating you need this. Im not sure how other states do it or if they are all the same but I know this for Ohio.
    nwaskie

Answer by nwaskie at 12:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• trying to get for three yr old
    so she then can get on waiting list for autism in home therapy
    turned down once
    trying again

good luck
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I applied for ssi for my son, for adhd and a sleeping disorder, and it took me 3 year. I applied for myself, i have bi-polar disorder along with depression, and its been almost two years and nothing. Your best bet is to get a lawyer.
    shannamartinez

Answer by shannamartinez at 12:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I used to have SSI for my son, it only took about 6 months. At the time I was a single mom working part time and going to school full time, so very little income - we got $600 for him, which I think was the maximum but it's a sliding scale.
    Anonymous

• Hey ANON, I'm actually applying for my son soon...could you please PM..and give me some info on what i should expect? Thanks.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 1:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• You may have an easier chance of getting SSI because agoraphobia is a disorder that keeps you from leaving the house. It affects your entire life. All you can do is apply and see what happens. You do NOT need an attorney the first time. If you get denied, then get an attorney. 90% of people get denied 2-3 times before being approved and once approved they give you the money retro to the orignial date you applied. I do know that you cannot get SSI for ADHD/ADD anymore.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2010