Do you get nervous?

Do you get nervous when all the in laws visit your house for the Holiday's?

sexyfancyface

Asked by sexyfancyface at 12:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• We don't have visitors, we do the visiting during the holidays.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No becasue I could care less what they think!!
    2prettylittle1s

Answer by 2prettylittle1s at 12:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes, I am one of those people who does my best cleaning when I know company is coming. And when it's the in-laws rather than my own family I definitely put in a bit more effort to try and have everything "perfect." The DH is the opposite, more laid back when it's his family, but wants everything just so when he knows my family is coming. It doesn't help that my MIL is very domestic, always has a clean and neat house and always rocks it out in the kitchen. I am more of a dust around the knick knacks and order carry out kind of girl but I try to fake it a bit when they come to town- lol!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Oh my goodness I'd be a nervous wreck! Fortunately that never happens!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No I get annoyed and want to kill them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• not nervous. More stressed out because I want my house to be in order.. floors done. spotless..
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 12:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes, it was always a pet peeve of mine. I felt as if I was under a microscope. But since we always do the holidays now, my in-laws are not looking everyhting over with a fine tooth comb.As long as the bathrooms have adequate towels and bathroom tissue and is clean and everything is dusted ,does it really matter what your bedroom looks like? Or your basement? So do not sweat the small stuff. In fact, now I am going to clean because of this question. Thanks ladies, this was the incentive to get moving.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My FIL lives with us, I have never gotten the chance to meet my MIL. She passed due to cancer b4 I ever met my DH. I am not nervous at all.
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 8:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2010