Are you part of the grammar squad?

I have to confess, at times some questions/posts make me crazy. I am not here to point out every type-o...we all make them. However, some things make me completely INSANE! I cringe when I read things like "Do it matter" or "I like mines" or " I like my mens to have big muscles"  Men is the plural for man ugh.  And any sentence ending with the word AT. Then there is the whole " there, their, they're" thing. When I read this kind of thing I usually don't comment on it. My little way of practicing self control lol. It does however, make me want to reach through space and strap people to a desk and start English lessons over! I get using accepted abbreviations etc, but there is a limit to what I can take lol Soooo, are you guilty of this, or do you just let it go and cringe on the inside, or does it just not matter to you in the least?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 12:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If I cannot read the question due to the poor use of language, I comment.

And by the way? It's "grammar." :-D

Answer by gdiamante at 12:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It doesn't bother me too much. The thing that bothers me the most is the texting language.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I just silently cringe and hope they don't actually speak the way they type.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It just bothers me when it's so bad I can't even understansd it. Then I just skip over it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• As for texting, I am not into all that weird verbage, but I will admit, I hate having to use caps when texting. Just seems like a pain to hit shift, so depending on whom I am texting, I will send it all lower case :)
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I personally dont give a damn. This isnt a classroom. This is a website for moms to connect, not to grade typos all day. What fun is it to anyone to pen point someone else's grammar. Sometimes I purposely type diFfeRnT. Most times Im at home chill'n in my pj's, with the baby in my lap or the dog at my leg - I cant type perfectly all the time. Sure there is a spell check, but if more women on this site would keep their panties from floating so far up their asses, then we would all get along much better.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• OK you can be mad at me now. I am sure I am guilty of spelling like that! I do spell mens.....like that when joking like..."Oh yeah I like my mens to have a body like that. " But that's just me, kidding about.

I don't like seeing the, " We have lived their for years"..and "Do it matter where I shop?"and "I know they're ways to go."

I don't let the posts get to me as I don't always type the apostrophes in cant dont isnt ...etc. I over look it as I can still understand my typing and assume everyone else can too.

Sorry Momma. Don't mean to make you cringe!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 12:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yeah, I'm a member! I cringe a lot. I don't generally comment just to pick at poor grammar. I have unjoined groups where horrific language usage seems to be the regular, I just can't deal with the stress it causes me.
    DangerousMommy

Answer by DangerousMommy at 12:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Ok sugahmamma, it was just a question. You seem to be the only one getting "her panties in a wad" As I CLEARLY stated, we all make mistakes. It is major grammatical disregard that gets under my skin. I also think that using improper English makes a person sound very ignorant and uneducated. I too am entitled to my opinion thanks. I happen to be a very nice easy going person. You don't have a pet peeve? Lighten up!

salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Proud member of the Grammar Police here! I cringe, but I don't comment. Not my job. Plus, why should I spend time teaching what their teachers didn't?

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2010