What are some fun activities that I can do at home with my 3 year old daughter (other than watch movies) while I am on maternity leave?

Platinum_Mommy

Asked by Platinum_Mommy at 12:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• coloring
    books
    puzzles
    tea party (get a cheap kids tea set)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• They have those Moon Dough kits...I have seen the farm one, and the pizza making one. You put the moon dough in the thing, and it makes the molds for you. It's really cute...it's one of my daughters Christmas gifts too! It's only about $12 at Walmart. Have fun!
    LoveMyKids0203

Answer by LoveMyKids0203 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• bake cookies, play games like ring around the roses or hide and seak. take her to the park. If you can yall can go to your local zoo or museum ( very educational for them) if the park is too cold there are sometimes play areas in malls or mcdonalds that have indoor play areas!!! you can find bubbles cheap at the dollar store and that can be tons of fun. coloring, books, puzzles, even regular adult puzzles are great my kids are about that age and can get the concept of it. take a walk and talk about the trees and grass and other nature things.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 1:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i would say go get scisers glue glitter paper and string and make christmas ortiments really cheep and you would both have a blast or you to could make cookies togeather
    katkashka

Answer by katkashka at 1:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My son is turning three in a couple of weeks, and he LOVES:
    coloring, playdo, singing/dancing, flashcards, playing with his toys, going to sesamestreet.org, starfall.com, and fisherprice.com and playing the games there (there are probably other sites as well), watching videos on youtube (the elephant song, abc songs, counting songs, etc), pretending to cook, puzzles, working on abcs, shapes, and counting, pretending to be animals (he loves hopping around like a frog, or crawling around like a mouse), playing song games like head, shoulders, knees and toes, and old macdonald or pattycake, chasing each other around the living room/kitchen.... the possibilities are endless. :) I have to get him some stamps, too, because he really enjoyed doing that at my mom's house.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• by stamps I mean the ink and stamp kind, lol, though i bet they'd enjoy sticking stamps or stickers to things :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• play doh, bake cookies, coloring books, play cards or games, have breakfast for dinner if not already do. Make a tent in the living room and watch movies, make her a tresasure hunt, legos, color wonder, take her out for some special you and mommy time.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• play hide and seek.. tag your it!
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 3:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Puzzles, arts and crafts, basic board games (chutes and ladders, candyland, Hi Ho Cherry-O), start teaching her to cook, play house with her and have her practice being a big sister with a doll as the baby or role reverse and have her be the mommy and you show her how a big sister helps mommy take care of the baby.
    LadyKatya

Answer by LadyKatya at 7:05 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You could do finger painting, or painting in general, and also maybe make some cupcakes together, mixing them, and decorating them with iceing and sprinkles. There are many things to do together.
    Hondachick44007

Answer by Hondachick44007 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2010