SAHM's what do you do to not be bored out of your mind?

I'm a SAHM, but I go to school FT
I'm at school waiting for class to begin so I can take my LAST FINAL :)
problem is: What do I do all day for the month of Winter Vacation I have coming up, with a one year old?

In the summer I would take a lot of walks and go to play groups out doors, but now it's all cloudy or rainy most days.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 12:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Bake cookies, shopping, playdates with friends!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We have an indoor play in our area. You just go there and play in the bounce house or around the playground area. It is awesome and only cost $35 for the whole family for a YEAR!!! =o)
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 12:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Play! Bake cookies (we did gingerbread men yesterday), turn on Christmas music and dance, window shop at the mall (also a great place to get some exercise in while pushing the stroller!), indoor playgrounds (1 is a little young, but we have a small indoor playground at two of our malls), library story time, etc with your son. By yourself - do you read, knit, etc? If you don't know how, it's a great time to learn a new skill!

Answer by missanc at 12:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• read
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We go to the library, out to lunch, shopping, meet up with friends occasionally, visit my parents, go to the Children's Museum, and play in the house. In the summer there's a lot more to do.

Still, there are days where I'm bored out of my mind. Not bored as in not busy, just bored in the fact that I'm tired of playing with toys on the floor, lol. My son is almost 15 months and can be very hard to entertain!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Read, CM, play time, story time, singing, dancing... cleaning, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I knit. It's relaxing and you get a usable product at the end. It can be tricky with a toddler, though (they are like little cats and are attracted to bright balls of yarn, lol). I also read and write. I have 5 kids (10, 9 and 8 in school and a 4 1/2yo and a 5mo at home). When my kids were little I watched TV (mostly the Discovery channel or History Channel) and did logic puzzles to keep my mind from turning to mush (gotta keep learning new things). My kids have always been expected to entertain themselves for a portion of the day so they never needed me to play with them all day long (that would have drove me insane). But I've never had just 1 toddler in the house. There's always been multiple kids to keep each other entertained. Not sure what I'll do next year when my 4yo starts kindergarten and it's just me and the baby (who will be 1 in July). He's going to drive me nuts.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Read, "dance" to music, walk the mall, visit grandparents... My son's 2 and I kind of miss days of boredom. :-) He's go, go, go!
    JefferJo

Answer by JefferJo at 1:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Bored? I WISH I had time to be bored. Both of my grandkids are ijn school now and i still have more to do everyday than I have time for. When they are out of school it is even worse. Granted I spend many hours each week taking my GS to and from OT, ST and PT but still. Between mail. groceries, bills, misc errands, cleaning house, laundry, school actitivities, after school activities....I'm bushed. I miss when they were just a year or two old. We spent lots of time reading, building blocks, doing educationalcomputer games, baking, plus all the household stuff.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:11 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• BORED? LOL i wish i had time to be bored!!! i have a 5yr old, a 4yr old who has Down Syndrome, a 2 1/2yr old and an 8month old....caring for them all day is enough to keep me occupied. But we do have memberships to the zoo, science center and museums and use them often. I also clean, cook and try to get some "me" time.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2010