My son is more attached to me now than ever.

My son is 11 years old and seems to be jeoulous of his step father, or if a man says hello to me, he wants to know "Who is that". Is this normal for his age? We all have great relatioships with each other day. He told his stepfather that I was his mom and stay away. I dont know if this normal or is he just going through a faze. His father and I have a great relationship and the ex inlaws also. We all get along great. Do not understand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• It sounds like he's watching out for you. Has it been a while since you divorced his father? Maybe he's so used to having you all to himself he feels that it's his "job" to make sure no one is going to hurt you. Or it could be jealousy. I think 11 is old enough to ask him about it. He will probably come back with "I don't know" (I have an 11 year old, too), but at least he will be thinking about it.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• my son gets jealous of his own father ( my husband) if we kiss or cudle he has to join in and try to get all my attention. Kids think and feel very differently than you and i, just ask him whats up.
    JULIAN01

Answer by JULIAN01 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Totally normal, he loves his mom. Boys tend to be more protective of the women in their lives, moms, sisters, etc. You should be happy that you raised your son(thus far) to love the women in his life.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Sounds normal. I'd try to let him have one-on-one time with his step-dad as well as one-on-one with you, and let him see you and your hubby being lovey dovey. It's healthy for kids to see that.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2008