Do you have a "pretty tree" or a homemade ornament tree?

we have what I call a hodgepodge tree it is all the ornaments my kids make at school and we make some at home it is not color coordinated we have multi-color lights and all different looking ornaments what does yours look like?

Akimcole

Asked by Akimcole at 1:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Holidays

• Hubby always wants a specific color themed tree!!!

We had sliver and blue for a long time. This year we changed to red and lime green HELLO Grinch!!!!
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 1:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My is beautiful, it pretty much handmade ones and special ones we have gotten from others through out the years.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• well mine is a very nice blue tree and every thing is the same color but my parents tree sounds just like yours they still have all the ortiments us kids made when we were little and stuff lol
    katkashka

Answer by katkashka at 1:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We have ornaments that the kids have made and ones that my parents have given them. Ever Thanksgiving since my kids were little my parents have always given them an ornament, so we have those as well. We have colored lights and there is a mix of everything on it. I love it because every ornament means something special to us.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We have special ones that we bought when we married. Then we have added the kids homeade ones throughout the years.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We have a tree that only a mother could love :D

It has all different kinds of ornaments, handmade from grandma ones, kid made ones, craft fair ones, fun store bought ones, some my aunt Jan made in the late 70's.

Then angel on top is one my husband's grandma made with cheesecloth and starch.

It is a beautiful tree... to our family and that is all that really matters. I love decorating the tree each year because each ornament holds a story.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Here is a picture of our tree...

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We don't have one at all this year. But I am super picky about what it looks like the years we do. I only allow white lights and silver or red balls, plus a star on top. Nothing else! Very traditional...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I think we have a very pretty tree, but it is filled with ornaments that bring back memories. Every year our daughters get to pick a new ornament, and when they move out, they will have their ornaments to take with them. As our oldest gets older, now it's becoming a bittersweet tradition, I'm not ready for her to go. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Our is covered in memories. I have all of the ornaments that my boys have made, ones that I made when I was a kid, and other special ones. My hisband and I have also given an ornament to each other since we were married, 14 years now, so that's another 28. I love to look at the tree and remember where each ornament came from and the story that goes with it.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2010