Family Car Decision?

How do you decide on which car you are going to buy for the family? Is it a joint decision? Or does DH make the choice and you maybe get to pick out the upholstery color? Do the kids have any input?

ChezBelle

Asked by ChezBelle at 1:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Shopping

• We research the options together. I wanted a particular model but didn't know if it would be good with an almost teen who is tall for his age. He came with me and sat in the 3rd row and it was extremely uncomfortable for him. So we went with my second choice. The kids all chimed in on color, but we went with what I wanted as I spend much more time with the car than they do. DH just wanted me to be happyl
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Kids have no input but its a joint decision... I wouldn't let him pick something because it wouldn't be practical lol.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We try to come to a mutual decision. No my kids don't have any say in it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• In our family it is completely a join decision. I will not drive a mini can and need something that will seat 7 or 8. So that narrows down our decision quite a bit. Then there are certain vehicles that I do not like or are too small even though they fit that many. So we narrow it does to a few to focus on and test drive and go from there.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Joint decision, but I do all the research ahead of time so tend to steer the conversation a bit more.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• The kids have no input b/c they dont know the difference anyway, and they dont drive it. DH and I make a joint decision since its our family not just his not just mine but ours.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 1:11 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Also my kids do not have any input but their car seats have great input. We always put them in and see how they work, fit and how we would situate them if it would be convenient or not.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I pick out my vehicle and my husband picks out his.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 1:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We all decide. We decide what we want, test drive the top three, and ask our son what color he would like and if he likes the car. The ultimate decision is my dh and mine though.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It should be up to the parents. Kids will like whatever.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 9:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2010