Can ultrasounds be dangerous?

You hear no side effects can come to the baby from them but if they are done wrong by someone that does not know how to run the machine i would feel then, yes and they say the sound waves to a baby are the sound of a freight train could that not cause hearing damage to a developing ear drum?
I feel it's great for allot but could it be counter productive also?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Here is an article that shows there are risks and the doctors that do not inform you about:
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/130084/the_dangers_of_ultrasounds.html?cat=52
    Anonymous

• After reading your question i did research and there is SO MANY risks to this test,thank you for posting will help me decided on future prenatal care.
    Anonymous

• Well, in some cases like mine I have to have an vaginal ultrasound done twice a week because I have been dilated since I was 15 weeks. There is nothing I can do about it unless I don't want to make sure that he is doing okay.
    Anonymous

• Are you afraid that you may add more problems to the deveoping fetus that may of did fine otherwise or at least without so many?
    Just curious after reading all this ?
    I know i will question my doctor and show the articles from the research for him to clear up.
    Are they all needed,is it to make money on us moms to be where the babies will be put at non acceptable risk?
    Anonymous

• I don't think that's the case at all. The main reason they say ultrasounds can be dangerous is because of the increasing popularity of the non-medical places people go to get them. Oftentimes it's a poorly trained technician running the machine, who wouldn't know how to diagnose a problem (or may cause unnecessary worry, leading to added stress).

A good doctor won't do more of them than they need to. Choose a good physician, and you should have nothing to worry about.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I read the article above and did my own reserach and many reasons seem to support many facts outside of those that are due to just poorly trained technicians & many other reasons that show it can be dangerous from,side effects & so on,i guess like anything you must weigh the risks and do everything with care and moderation.
    Anonymous