Ford callback?

Is there anyone else out there that owns a ford that had a call back on the rear axle. I have one and I am supposed to take it in next Tuesday to either be sprayed or be fixed, which could take up to 3 months before getting it back. They informed me today that they will supply me with a rental car, but I may have to pay the $3 a day tax fees, and if I want to vehicle that my whole family will fit in I have to pay an additional $10 per day. That $390 a month for 3 months. Are they crazy? Has anyone else had to deal with this?

hodgkinrus6

Asked by hodgkinrus6 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• This is the recall on the Windstar? It was announced back in August. Here's info: http://www.examiner.com/automotive-news-in-national/ford-windstar-recall-list

The axle may not be cracked on yours.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• what recall?
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 5:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• There is 2 recalls oneis for the rear axle cracking and the other for the speed control device, My Ford Windstar has both. It is for years 1998-2001 I beleive. The website that is above in the first answer will let you know.
    hodgkinrus6

Comment by hodgkinrus6 (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2010