My husband has taken his ex wife to court for contempt of the court ordered visitation for their child. Since she kept his son away for a year and a half she moved about 40 miles away, how common is it for the judge to pick a midway location for pick up/drop off??

In the court doc. it states thatmy husband needs tobe at his ex location by 6pm. While we are in this court proceeding we have agreed temporarily to pick him up at her apartment, not realizing it takes 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get back in Houston traffic at that time. I think its unfair... we have 2 other children and its really a long drive.

CynCity281

Asked by CynCity281 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• If it is ordered and she won't comply make sure you keep a log. All notes, emails, letters phones calls. Write it all down. Write down when and how she refuses. Then take her back to court. She can lose physical custody over that. It just happened to my nephews wife who thought she was calling all the sots. Right up until the judge said. No More!. Now SHE has to travel to see their son.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• When my husbands ex moved and hour from us she had to drive the kids here and pick them up. It was the only way my husband would agree to her moving his kids away from him. The judge said it was fair since she was making the choice not to better herself financially but to shack up with a boyfriend. We later got full custody when she wouldn't bring the kids at all.
    Anonymous

• Its pretty likely, most jusdes like the compromise and make people do it.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I know here in Bexar county(San Antonio) it is very common for judges to order midway pick ups and drop offs.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My dh took his ex to court they ordered a half way point. She never follows it. We tried to violate her and the judge ( a different one) didnt think it was fair she had to meet us halfway so she got away with it. Now we miss alot of visits b/c she wont meet us and its an 8 hour rd trip without stopping :(
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 1:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• She is probaby not going to follow it if the judge agrees to a midway. We probaby will file report after report and take her to court again. :/
    CynCity281

Comment by CynCity281 (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Just keep at it, eventually she'll have to get the hint or there may be repercussions.. good luck :-/
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 1:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My ex has lives about 3 hours away so if he wants to take her to his house, he has to drive 6 hours to get her and 6 hours to drop her off. He asked the judge for a midway point because the drive is so long and the judge told him visitation is often not convenient but that's the way it is.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I know many people who have to meet at a half way point to exchange the child.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2010