kind of like the other question.....Christians ("believers") and tree toppers

Do you have an angel or a star? What does it mean to you?

We have a star this year. It represents the Star of Bethlehem.

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• We have a star, for us it represents the star the Wise Men followed to find Jesus. We don't take the tree down until after Jan. 6, which is when we add the wise men to the nativity scene (and yes, we do know that the wise men did not find him in the manger).

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:36 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We have a gold star. It means,its a gold star and it was pretty. We're not Christians

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I'm sorry...I couldn't resist...

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We have a star. Our last star died and they didn't have any angels cheap. I guess you could say it stands for the star of Bethlehem, but really I don't emphasize the religious aspect in the tree. We have a nativity set, and remember that its the "birthday of Jesus", but we really don't keep it that religious. I honestly put more emphasis on the goodwill and cheer, and think that this kind of attitude is one we Christians should keep all year, as it better reflects the loving kindness and compassion we're called for than I see most of the other time. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We have an angel. It was my grandmother's, so it's more of a family thing than religious, although I am a Christian.

Answer by missanc at 1:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• a star but thats just because i like stars. I alreadyhave angels protecting my home so i dont need to top my tree with one
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 1:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• butterfly, there was a question like this for the non believers Thanks anyway
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We're believers, and we have a star on our tree.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 1:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• we have a red glass 'spire'-type thing. not really sure what its called, but its about 18" long, and points upward. its pretty!

when the tree theme was 'all santa, all the time', i had a white-on-white santa atop the tree. before that, it was a white/gold angel, who's arms/wings moved in/out. she was pretty, too. never have had a star. one year, i fancied a huge ribbony bow that looked like a fluffy pillow stuck on the top, with tendrils coming down around the tree.

i change it every year. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We have an angel on our tree.

asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 3:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2010