has anyone had contrations at about 5 months

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you think that you are having contractions it would be best to contact your doctor. Could just be Braxton Hicks, and it could be preterm labor. Babies born that early don't have a good prognosis.

Anonymous

• well i know der contractions cuz i went to the er they have me on bed rest but it sucks cuz i have a 16 month old little girl and i cant carry her but they told me they cant give me any medicine
    seximommy07

Answer by seximommy07 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Yes. I had contractions at 22 weeks and was told it was Braxton Hicks. It wasn't, I was starting early labor.

Don't worry though. Go with how you feel. If you are truly worried, then please, go to the doctor.

I called mine and they told me to lie down and drink water. The next day i was transferred to a level III Nicu Hospital 1 1/2 hours away. Follow your gut and your feelings. During pregnancy, i believe that's the best thing to listen to: yourself.
    Kaylantwins

Answer by Kaylantwins at 9:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Sweety I had those cramps too. Dont worry about it.If they are tight and then settle down like a minute or so you are ok. just make sure it does not happen like every min or every day. Call your doc. Im pretty sure your ok I had them all the time. my little girl was fine.
    savvya

Answer by savvya at 10:11 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Talk to your doctor. It could be Braxton-Hicks, but only your doctor knows your whole story, so it's best to ask him or her. I had contractions that early, and they wanted to monitor me to make sure it was nothing. This was no big deal, I got to sit in Lay-Z-Boy and trick apple juice with a monitor attached to my belly. It was kinda nice to listen to the baby, actually! They found out that I had an irritable uterus and needed to keep a close eye on things, as I was more prone to early labor. I eventually had to go on anti-contraction medication to make sure I didn't end up with a premature baby. I went off at 37 weeks and my baby was born at 41. :) It's absolutely no big deal, but you'd rather be safe than sorry, right?
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• could be braxton hicks but i had them and i was about 24 weeks i dont know if that is 5 months lol but i was having preterm labor and i went to the ER and they stopped it then my son was born 4 days past due lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• ok thanks :)
    seximommy07

Answer by seximommy07 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2008