Emotional pregnancy?

This is more of a complaint/vent than a question. I'm 5 months pregnant and I've been extremely emotional for the last few months. Honestly, I've been really bitchy to my husband about the stupidest things. I always apologize right after and he just says, "It's ok, honey, I know you're pregnant." My first pregnancy I wasn't like this at all, but I was sick the entire time. This time around, I haven't been sick at all, but I've just been having the craziest mood swings. The one day my husband was on the phone with his friend and said right in front of me (jokingly), "Yea she's doing great...she's just really bitchy this pregnancy." I know he's right and since then I've been trying SO hard to not get upset about stupid things. No matter how hard I try not to, my feelings get hurt by the silliest comments and I get upset about nothing. Has anyone else had emotional craziness like this when pregnant?

Gemska

Asked by Gemska at 2:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it will only last 9 months, hang in there!

Answer by older at 2:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• it's normal
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 3:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• happened to me from the very beginning to like month 7.
    teen_mommie101

Answer by teen_mommie101 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My first trimester I was a hormone monster, but once my 2nd trimester hit I've mellowed out a lot. I was the 'crier', I'd bawl about and over anything. Everyone's different, everyone handles their new surge of hormones differently, and you're perfectly normal =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My last 2 pregnancies were easy breezy. This one, I have been SOOO emotional. A little bit of bitchiness but mostly the water works can get turned on over the dumbest things. I took my son in for a hair cut and the lady was kind of rude when she said "You need eye brow wax? They look awful" lol I instantly started crying and carrying on about how I KNOW I look awful but do you really have to point it out? Also asked her if she was going to tend to my child while my eye brows were waxed lol That was just one example, but I could name a million. Hang in there! This will get better.. we hope lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I was horrible when I was pregnant with my daughter. I knew I was being mean and yet I couldn't help it. I told everyone that I had foot in mouth syndrome when I was pregnant with her. Lol. Hang in there! It won't last forever!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 2:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2010