how do I help my cousin in-law when she asks but doesnt take it?

my cousin in-law asked me what to do abou her5mon old sn not taking his formula I told her ask te dr to change him talk to him about te prblems yu are having. she just told me "he wont take i at all anymore, but he will drink 2% milkjust fine isthat ok" I about freaked out an told her "NO call the Dr" sh tells me "no he is fine now" How do I get itthrew her head she has already bee giving him candy an cokes not sprite COKE, and now cow milk. if shes not gongto liste to what I hve to say I am about to stop tryingto help her but I feel fo the baby

SkylaReneeMom

Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 2:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• there is nothing you can do but advise...its her baby she will do what she feels is best. that is her right as a mother
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 2:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Is the father in the picture? Tell him what is going on. She is going to hurt that baby if she doesn't learn. I would also talk to the grandmas. I know people are more willing to listen to their mothers.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I think she needs to stop asking you if she is not going to listen to you. She does not need to be giving the baby that stuff right now. Im not sure what you can do. I would jsut stop giving her advise when she asks me i would just be like you should do what you think is best.....I would be like i have told you many times what you should do and you never take my advise lol
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I have a friend like this.. she is constantly asking my advice on things but doesn't take any of it and just gives me a passive response. Anytime she asks I will always offer my advice, and if she doesn't want to take it then whatever!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I'd tell her that once that baby starts dropping weight from improper nutrition, or once the doctor finds out the baby isn't being fed properly that they'll call CPS on her and that baby will get taken away.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• your cousin sounds like she not all there
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It can also cause severe food allergies for a child that young to be given anything but formula or rice cereal.
    My SD did it with the grandbaby and i almost had a cow but she wouldnt listen. She fed her whatever the child would eat and it just makes me sick to think she wasnt smart enough with a college degree to feed a baby properly. :-(
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2010