What should I buy for her first few weeks?

So my baby is due in the spring and I have bought nothing yet because of financial issues. So I will be able to spend about $300.00- 400.00 max, on baby items for her until after I return back to work (she will be 8-9 weeks old at that time). So I am trying to make a list of the top 25 items I will need for her first days. FYI I will be exclusively breast feeding so I dont need formula and my sister says the crib can wait if I have a bassinet. All input is very helpful thanks!

Well I made my list and did some shoppin around and I wnt over like 150.00 and my older sister was nice enough to give me a 200.00 check as a shower gift, so we are more than ok now, thanks so much to the seven of you who were nice enough to help out with my list.

to the two who think I cant afford my baby I am employed and so is my husband both unfortunately I had to go on leave way earlier than expected because of issues with my pregnancy disability isnt crap so were basically living on one income instead of two for the next three months. I eat very well and when I make a budget plan I stick to it.

I knew I was gonna get some drama with this question thats why I asked it anonymously.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• diapers, wipes, bath stuff (baby soap, lotion, etc.), blankets, extra bassinet sheets, clothes (footed body suits and onesies are what my kids stayed in at that age), and a carseat. If you have enough left over I would suggest a swing or bouncer as well so you have somewhere you can set her down to get things done from time to time.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 2:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• diapers
    wipes
    jammies
    socks

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• pretty much what every one has already said. It is going to be expensive. Diapers & wipes cost 60 dollars every two weeks! And that is if you buy the walmart brand. Are you really sure you can afford a baby?
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 3:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Don't waste money on newborn size clothes. Get a few 0-3 outfits. She will be in 3-6 by 1 month old. At least my kids were. The same with diapers. Get size 1, but just one box. She will go to size 2 quickly. I never bought newborn diapers. She can wear a diaper that is a little big, but not one that is small. You will need a carseat, swing, bouncy seat. blankets, clothes. Good luck! Do you know anyone that can give you hand me downs?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:21 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Thank you :-)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I wish I knew someone with hand me downs but all my friends have school age kids no babies.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Ok so , so far I have
    1. bassinet
    2. carseat
    3. diapers
    4. wipes
    5. sheets
    6. onesies
    7. footed jammies
    8. hats
    9.baby bath
    10. baby lotion
    11. wash cloths
    12. towels
    13. bouncer chair
    14. swing
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• 15. socks
    16. outfits
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Infant Car seat. You need to get her home from wherever you deliver her. Skip the bassinett & buy a Pack N Play. You will get more use out of it & it has it's own changing station. Diapers, wipes, blankets, feetie Pj's that are thin fabric, socks, baby wash, desitin, baby lotion (I used original Curel). Congrats!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• baby nail trimming set, baby monitor, stroller, you may want a couple bottles in case you need to pump, pacifier if you use one
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 2:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2010