Vacation planning and packing.

what things do you do before you go on vacation for a week?

How far in adavnce do you pack, how much do you pack?

gulfcoastmom4

Asked by gulfcoastmom4 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Travel

• The night before, and always way too much stuff.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I could never wait till the night before. I have way too much to do.
    gulfcoastmom4

Comment by gulfcoastmom4 (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I pack the day before. Hubby and I get our own suitcases. The oldest gets one and I have the little ones share one. When we go away for a week I always pack at least 5 full outfits plus sock, undies, pj's etc. That's if we will be in a place where I can do laundry. If you can't do laundry, you'll obviously have to pack more.
    Don't forget the activity bag for in the car with snack & games if you are driving to a destination.

Preparations really only include finding a babysitter for our lizard.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I start to lay stuff out one week prior. Since Im usually packing for all the kids and myself (hubs does his own) I need to see if there are any purchases need to be made. We usually buy new shoes and a couple new outfits for our trips. If we are visiting family and have access to laundry then I bring an out fit for every day or maybe one or two less. If we will not have laundry then I bring one to two outfits more than days.

I always stop the mail, the paper, call the RSVPs (a division of the police, they do vacation checks daily), and the alarm company. We have the strangest meals prior to leaving because i use up ALL the food in the fridge.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Ok good looks like I have thought of everything .
    gulfcoastmom4

Comment by gulfcoastmom4 (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• try the web site Family Vacation Critic. They have a ton of helpfull hints!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:31 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It takes me several days to pack everything for my family of 5. And depending on where we go depends on the amount of clothing packed.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Thanks guys
    gulfcoastmom4

Comment by gulfcoastmom4 (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Stop the mail and newspapers. I pack the day before. We travel a lot, so I have a list in the luggage of things for a weekend, a week, and 2-3 weeks so I don't forget anything.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:12 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• just make sure evrythings taking care of, mail or plants to be watered or animals etc .. i pack abt a week in advance, just take 1 case each
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2010