Where can I find extremely inexpensive maternity clothes?

O.K. before I get the "just wear your husbands clothes" comments, I'm very girly AND I'm getting too big for his clothes. Also it's the holidays ppl, lots of pictures and family you only see once a year, I want to look NICE! I have never spent very much on clothes (I love goodwills half off sales i.e. $2.50/blouse) and can't believe how expensive maternity clothes are. I can usually find a bargain and am totally stumped on where to go. I am never picked on Freecycle.com for items that I need. I have to at least have a store I can find my size in first before I order online. I'm pregnant with twins and am pretty petite. I was a size 3 before I got pregnant and so my belly makes it hard to still fit in a small. I bought1 pair of Miley Cyrus pants in a large for $12 at walmart but they are out of stock now. I'm looking for camisoles with lace on top& bottom (lace on top doesn't show as much cleavage, and lace on bottom adds an inch or two to length plus adds charm). I need a couple more nice shirts and at least one pair of jeans (sweatpants don't always work everywhere =/ ) To me $10 or below is about the right price for shirts and pants and $15-$20 is good for the jeans. I live in El paso, Tx so if anyone knows PLEASE HELP!!!!

phrenicfire89

Asked by phrenicfire89 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try Old Navy or Target clearance racks. I got a lot of maternity clothes that way.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Have you called around to any of your local consignment shops?
    Alot of them carry maternity wear
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Other mothers is like a goodwill shop but just for kids and moms, there are 2 in Albuquerque, and for some reason I am thinking there is one there. Craigslist always has cheap maternity clothes, there are lots of shops around for moms around, look in the phone book and for advertisements on craigslist in the kids and clothing sections. Good luck.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• our consignment shops are Goodwill, Savers, and Ritzy Rags. Ritzy Rags moved to a location I can't find and no one I know knows either. I go to Goodwill every other week LOL, after payday. I go to savers once a week. I looked up Other Mothers online and sadly no there is not one in EP. The closest is in NM. I wish I had the gas to go but i don't, if I did I would go to Las Cruses too! I already have Target and Old Navy on my list for this paycheck cuz they have awesome sales! Thank you so much ladies, any other ideas?
    phrenicfire89

Comment by phrenicfire89 (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Try some local thrift stores. I find a lot of really nice fashionable maternity clothes there and sometimes things are brand new with original tags.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• If you are close enough to drive to Fort Worth, Richardson, or Lewisville Texas then go to a place called NBC Name brand clothing 1/2 off 1/2 we have one here and they have beautiful clothes all department store stuff with tags still on them, I have gotten so many beautiful semi formal and formal dresses there for $6 each, I get nice shoes for around $4 I get jeans for the family cheap, it's like a thrift store only with brand new stuff that you end up paying maybe $7 for something that would have originally sold in macy's for $130 that place is well worth shopping at!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• 405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Thirft stores or we have places here called Other Mothers and Once Upon a Child that are second hand maternity/baby stores. Maybe you have something like that?
    TeacherMeg23

Answer by TeacherMeg23 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• How about just plain plus sized clothes? It doesn't have to be maternity per se

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i found alot of very of very nice meterity clothes at places like goodwill and consigment shops
    sweade

Answer by sweade at 3:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2010