I am in denial, could I be pregnant?

I haven't received my period in about a month, almost two. I have not really had much symptoms but am gaining weight. could I possibly be pregnant?

mariacruz2010

Asked by mariacruz2010 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Take a test and you shall see
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• The only way to find out is to take a test.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I agree with the others. Take a test.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 2:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Im a little nervous, I am only 18 and Im not quite sure about how my mom will take it..
    mariacruz2010

Comment by mariacruz2010 (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Testing time. That is about the only way you will find out... Good luck hope you get the answer you are looking for. Also if you can't afford an expensive test the ones from the dollar store will work perfectly for you. That is the one I used and I was 6 weeks along.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Your mom will take it however she takes it. What matters most is how you feel about having a baby if you are indeed pregnant. Go ahead and try to talk to her now. Even if you are not pregnant at least then you will have some support in trying to find out what is going on. either case you will need to see a doctor.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• thank you. My only concern.. do the ones from the dollar store work? a friend of mine said she had to take about several test before it gave her a clear answer
    mariacruz2010

Comment by mariacruz2010 (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Gotta take a test. It's not going to matter how your mom will take it. You're 18. Legally an adult. You made an adult decision to have sex knowing there was a possibilty of getting pregnant. Now be responsible for that choice. Mom may not be thrilled at first, but it is still her grandchild. Of course this assumes you get a positive test. What you do after that is up to you. If it's negative I suggest finding some birth control if you don't want a baby.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I got the cheapest test I could find at Fred Myers and it worked great. I would say better to know than be wondering and if you know then you can plan what your next step will be.
    TeacherMeg23

Answer by TeacherMeg23 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Every one is different. Dollar store ones work as well as anything else out there since you are late. It all depends how much HCG is or isn't in your body. Normally I would say first morning urine, but since you are late it shouldn't matter. Good Luck!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2010