Simulac.....

Just wanted to know if all the recalls on Simulac was bothering anyone? I keep waisting my money. I was thinking about switching my son to Emfamil but i don't know how he will react to it. No I hve a question about having my son on soy milk..... is it true if you keep your child on soy products they are more likley to be allegic to regular milk products?

MomAsia

Asked by MomAsia at 2:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not true. I raised my daughter on Similac & Enfamil, since the maternity nurses ruined my chances at breast-feeding by feeding my daughter sugar water when I wasn't around. Babies do note the taste change, and that may put them off one milk or another. Just be super-hygenic - scald & clean everything you use. I did. She's 15 now.
    LindaK162

Answer by LindaK162 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I've never heard that soy can cause allergies to milk products. I do know that soy products aren't always the best alternative o use though. Switching from Similac to Enfamil shouldn't cause too big of an issue but if you keep switching back and forth it can cause some issues. So if you switch, then make it the last time you switch ever is my recommendation.
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 3:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No, my daughter had soy formula when she was an infant. she is 5 now and she is not allergic to milk products.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i had a friend who used to use all organic and soy products with her baby... her child is 5 now and loves regular milk and milk products.
    GarciaMommy915

Answer by GarciaMommy915 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My almost 8 month old is on Isomil and is doing great and 4 year old was also and is not allergic to milk but my baby might be
    bree_gabys_mom

Answer by bree_gabys_mom at 1:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2010