Do you make YOUR voice heard???

I was wondering if any of you activly seek out and write your congressmen? I never had before but mine (AL) voted against the bailout. I was SO happy Iwrote him telling him I Lloved that and would be voting for him again! Have ya'll ever contacted yours and if so did you hear back anything?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 9:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i get info about the politics and what is trying to be passed from an online resource and often sign the petition and give a short statement as to why.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• This is the first year that I've ever written to congress and it felt good. I've actually called them a few times too. I was pretty happy that our Congressmen voted against the bailout, but I probably should write them a thank you note- just so they know that people are watching and keeping tabs on them.
    EricaAbbott

Answer by EricaAbbott at 10:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I'm actually not sure if I've written my congressman...lol...I send letters to the appropriate representatives when I have concerns about a particular issue. I write my governor every time another college educated young person moves out of the state to take a job elsewhere. What good it does, I don't know.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I contact my political representatives quite often, and I ALWAYS hear back. :)
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 11:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• www.VoteSmart.com will help you find your congressmen's phone numbers. And yes, be sure to thank them when they vote the way you want on big things.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Yes, I've contacted Obama while he was my Senator, our Governer, and State Rep.
    Was my voice heard? I don't know..but that's never stopped me before, lol.
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 3:28 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I write my Congressmen all the time. Sometimes I hear back and sometimes I do not. Usually they will send me a letter of thank you for contacting them.
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 8:13 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I had a lot of contact with congressman elect Glenn Nye to the point where he said "Hi Kim" while I was standing in line to vote. And he patted me on the shoulder and thanked me for my support..My daughter said I couldn't have been more red because I am in a highly Republican area and the Democratic candidate singled me out of a line.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I have written many letters for different things. One that comes to mind is regarding the bill ACOG was trying to pass to ban homebirths. It is good to let your local representatives know how you feel.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2008