They took my ex's car for Non-payment of CS??

My ex owes me about 7300 in back child support, he has been unemployed in the past for 2 years and they did nothing.... He had a job for 3 years and was either fired/quit, the story changes. He called me screaming they took his car. Blamed me!! I said well I did not go to court for it, gave up trying to get CS out of you. We go to court in January, he's yelling at me that they are putting him in jail if he does not have a job. I told him so get a job, I have one, have had for the past 10 years!!

He thinks if when we go to court I say I don't want him to go to jail for non-payment of Child support, they won't. I don't know if I actually get a say in it, I doubt I'll ever get the CS owed to me, but I refuse to drop it, it's only right!

Does any one have experience with this? Once they took his car can he get it back? Will they arrest him? Will I have a say in what they do to him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• HA ha! That is what he gets for being a deadbeat!

Sorry I don't have any advice. My natural father was the same way. My mom never got a dime. I do not think you should give up the fight though.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• lol, that's funny. Once he catches up he can get the car back, no you don't have a say in their process, but they will give him a time range.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I wish my state would do something like that. I'm owed over 10,000 and he has a lakeside house, 3 vehicles, 4 four-wheelers, 2 boats and has season tickets to the Cardinals games. When he does pay, its not even half what the court orders.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 3:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Thats good, he got what he deserved& hey if they want to arrest him let them dnt stop it, im not sure how its in your state but in mine when they get their bond, that money is given to you, well gl& dnt feel sorry for him, thats your childs money!
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I wish the courts would do something for my deadbeat sperm donor!!! He owes me over $3000 and the courts haven't done ANYTHING... it's ridiculous... fight it all the way
    booskybear23

Answer by booskybear23 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• This is the wake-up call the dude deserves. Seriously, maybe now he'll get his life together. This isn't your fault, so don't feel responsible
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 3:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• no you should not say a word. just let the courts handle him. he is responsible for the child just as much as you are. your child deserves it. keep fighting. let him go to jail. my dd's father has had his license suspended twice and he makes me feel guilty about not being able to pay his mortgage. blah blah blah. i like it how they want sympathy but never give any in return. no sympathy given on my end when it comes to my childs needs.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 3:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• ROTFL. Well that's what you get for failing to pay. Some states they can even lose their driver's license for non-payment. It's not your fault. He's the one who skippped out on his obligation. I don't know if you get a say in it or not, but he can't pay CS if he's sitting in a jail cell. It will be hard to get a job with no transportation too. Perhaps he should simply sign over his parental rights completely. Good luck and I hope you get your $$$.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• He actually tried to sign off so he did not have to pay... Judge let him sign off his rights, not responsibilities, only way that can happen according to our judge is if some one else will take the part of her dad. Due to her age, that's not happening, my husband has been there for her but, he's not her dad.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• The law is the law...he is an idiot if he thinks for one minute he can break it and just because you say oh boo hoo don't put him in jail, he can get out of trouble. I would hang up on his ass!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2010